Wrong thumbnails displayed in SHOW gallery

Discussion in 'SHOW Responsive Video Suite' started by Jeroen, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Jeroen

Jeroen New Member

When the lightbox opens for a particular video in a SHOW widget gallery, below the video it shows the thumbnails of the other (YouTube) videos in the gallery. The thumbnails displayed however are not the ones that were set manually in YouTube, but the first one that was automatically suggested by YouTube. We replaced those with a thumbnail image of our own choosing. Note that the right thumbnails are shown in the gallery, but the wrong ones in the lightbox. Widget bug, or am I overlooking a solution?

Thanks!

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Jeroen, could you show or describe what steps you have taken to set this up. You speak of changing the thumbnails, could you show an example.
    This would help.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. Jeroen

Jeroen New Member

Hi DJ,
    I've used the SHOW widget in the www.upabove.nl site as shown in the first image. SHOW1.png
    When I publish/preview, I get to see what is shown in the second image. These are the thumbnails that we manually uploaded to YouTube. SHOW2.png
    Then when you open one of the video’s you also see thumbnails in the bottom bar of the lightbox (image 3), but these are not the ones that we manually assigned, but the ones that are automatically generated by Youtube. I don’t see any setting I can toggle? SHOW3.png

Also, the widget acts a little awkward with alternative frame sizes. It is a responsive design, with breakpoints at 960, 768, 548 and 320 pixels. The 960/768 layout has 3 video columns, whereas the 548/320 layout only has one. When you change browser size it nervously switches between 2 and 3 columns though. Can’t seem to figure it out? Shouldn't even be showing 2 colum makeup?

Hope you can help. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Jeroen

4. Jeroen

Jeroen New Member

BTW the awkward behavior seems to occur only in Microsoft Edge Browser. Chrome seems to have no issues.

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Jeroen, I see what you're saying, and I have to believe this is something from YouTube, but I'm not positive.
    I don't see something in the widget that would cause this, but you never know.
    I'm going to ask you to place a support ticket (resources>contact us). The team should have sen something like this and can better get you an answer.
    Thanks
    Dj