Widget Update Request

Discussion in 'Mumblr' started by seangolding1987, Nov 2, 2016.

1. seangolding1987

seangolding1987 Member

Three requests for updates to this widget...

1. Make widget more responsive, so that it automatically scales from 4 down to 1 column as the browser scales down, like the instagram photo feed widget.

2. Add in the option to add custom buttons for "Load More" and "Read More".

3. Figure out a way to optimise images, uploading only optimised images seems to be a bit beyond one of my clients, therefore I cannot use the widget on her homepage as it slows the page loading time down to a ridiculously slow speed. Is there a way that it could optimise the images?

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Sean, I am away from my office at the moment and cannot double check to be sure, but I am almost positive the widget does number one and two already.
    I was just checking our demo on the smallest size and it drops to one column. Remember that if you are trying to scale a widget by shrinking the browser (not the best way) you will need to refresh the browser to see the real time version. When a devise calls up the screen size, a refresh isn't necessary, but in a preview Muse doesn't know what size you are asking for.
    The 'Load More' text can be changed inside the widget panel.
    as far as optimizing images, that is really a Tumblr and Muse issue. The widget is mainly a conduit to bring the Tumblr information into Muse. Not sure if that can be changed.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

3. seangolding1987

seangolding1987 Member

The only way I could find to make the widget scale down the amount of columns was to create multiple versions of the widget across the breakpoints and hide/show the different versions in different breakpoints. It would be nice to place a single widget that works across all breakpoints. Thus eliminating render blocking Javascript?

I know I can change the text/colour/buttons etc on the widget, but it would be nice to be able to add custom buttons, such as state buttons with rollover effects to control the Load More etc.

I thought image optimisation would be the posters responsibility, but generally anything to improve the page speed impact of the widget would be greatly appreciated.

I just used the widget on a clients homepage, with the widget Google Insights gave my desktop speed a rating of 44/100. When moved to it's own webpage I upped the speed of my homepage to 95/100.