Solved why vertical pictures rotates 90 degrees?!

Discussion in 'Media Pro Gallery' started by ariel, Sep 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ariel

ariel Member

Hi,

I would really like to know why this happens. I'm choosing in the widget "mosaic grid" which should order side by side different sizes of images as described in the widget preview, and what happens instead is that "standing" pictures are rotated, which is something that nobody wants to see in his site. if it was zooming in for a better order of the photos I could live with it maybe but with this rotation it dosen't look the way it should be.

so please I would want to know-is this a specificbug that I can fix somehow or that's the way it works?
    this mosaic mode is the main reason I paid for the membership, I would love to have a solution for this one. Thanks a lot

Untitled8.png

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

ariel, thanks for posting.
    I totally agree with you, this should not be happening.
    So, let's start by me asking about the image dimensions. The reason I'm asking is because it looks like all your images are the same size (I could be wrong) but is there any chance the images that are 'flipped' have the width and height reversed?
    For example, your first image of the girl would be, let's say 700w x 500h. Any chance the girl with the hat is the same, instead of 500w x 700h?
    Thanks
    Dj

3. ariel

ariel Member

Hi, no it's not the same of course, it has the right dinensions. I checked it also with other pictures, same problem...

4. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Ariel!
    I tested the widget and I did not succeded to achieve this 90° "flipping" issue?
    I recommend to open a blank page for new test with only one breakpoint e.g. 960 px and also remove that extra "child image" from the widget canvas because all extra items outside or inside the canvas can cause strange issues.

PS.
    I tested the widget in Adobe Muse CC Prerelease version 2018.0.0.684 which will be published about after 2 weeks. You can download the new version from here https://www.adobeprerelease.com/ for testing.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  5. ariel

ariel Member

I will try it, thank you

6. ariel

ariel Member

hi, I opened a new site. a new page 960 px, no breakpoints, same issue, widgets flips the images on the thumbnails and on lightbox

7. Jeremei

Ariel!
    I tested the widget in Adobe Muse CC Prerelease version 2018.0.0.684 which will be shipped about after 2 weeks as official. You can download this new version from here https://www.adobeprerelease.com/ for testing. Maybe you know that in the current Adobe Muse CC version there are some bugs and it may be one reason for the issue, but I am not sure? Second try to use different images in the widget, do not use those images which are causing flippings!

PS.
    1) Close Adobe Muse CC
    2) Empty caches in your browser
    3) Close your browser
    4) Open Adobe Muse CC and your browser
    5) Use different images in the widget
    5) Test the widget in Adobe Muse CC and Adobe Muse CC Prerelease

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  8. ariel

ariel Member

thank a lot for your help jeremy!
    I tried different images from different cameras so I don't think the camera is the issue. I will try upgrading muse to 2018 version, and I will let you know how things are going. thanks a lot again,
    Ariel

9. ariel

ariel Member

ok, I upgraded, problem still not solved with new site :(

10. Jeremei

Ariel!
    I made for you 9 test images ( 3 pcs 600 x 900 px, 3 pcs 1005 x 1500 px and 3 pcs 1500 x 1500 px) for testing in Adobe Muse CC Prerelease. (open zip-file)

Try this:
    - Set one breakpoint to 1200 px (fluid)
    - Drag the widget onto canvas and stretch it to browser width
    - Add test images to "Loader" widget in different order (600x900, 1005x1500, 1500x1500, etc.),
    - In Gallery settings select "Mosaic Grid" and 5 columns, padding 50, Thumbnail Margin 5
    - Preview in browser

Attached Files:

11. ariel

ariel Member

Hi Jeremei! i appreciate so much your help, thank you so much.
    I will try what you wrote with the files,
    Ariel

12. ariel

ariel Member

Hi Jeremie! I think you solved it!
    the widget probably doesn't like pictures straight out of the camera. the pictures you sent weren't flipped at all, then I opened my pictures in photoshop and saved them without any change as jpeg and it didn't flip!
    I'm really happy it's solved, even though it's a weird bug, I have to say and I do think the widget should read photos straight from cameras (I tried it on pictures from panasonic gh5 and from cano 60d).
    Big thanks for you Jeremie and to all the people that tried helping me solving it so fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.