Why not versa slide?

Discussion in 'Versa Slide' started by marcelt, Apr 11, 2017.

1. marcelt

marcelt Active Member

I choose to work with versa slide since I liked the simplicity of specifying another page in the site as the full screen panel, but once I started working with it and needed to ask a question I came across the info about using pushy panes instead, which seems overly complex for what I'm trying to achieve.

Will anything go wrong if I stick with versa slide?

If not, can anyone tell me how to change the icon in the button between open and closed when using a custom button?

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

marcelt, we started to steer everyone away from Versa Slide, and towards Pushy Panes for two reasons.
    The first, because the Versa Slide widget was so code heavy, it was falling apart every time Adobe made any changes to Muse. It became to much to ask our users to wait for an update and re do their widget every time it was broken by a change. So we put it on our 'No Longer Supported' list.
    The second reason, we are intending (although I do not have any time frame), to update and add enhancements to the PP widget that will ultimately make it the best of both worlds.
    The PP widget is a more stable widget, even though it is best used on it's own, and not mixed with other widgets.
    I personally use it in it's most basic layout and find it fairly easy.
    I hope this lends some clarity around the widgets.
    Dj