What platform was used to make the Muse-Themes.com Site?

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Jonny C, Apr 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jonny C

Jonny C New Member

I love the muse-themes.com site. Just out of curiosity, how was it built? did you use Muse? I know you guys are probably expert coders and the point of Muse is pretty much to use the least amount of code as possible. But I have two main problems that I want to fix on my sites that the muse-themes.com site does beautifully:

- An optimal blogging platform
    - .html GONE!!!

(also, https. But I know that's for another thread and unrelated)

I would ideally use a WordPress platform but edit on Muse. I tried using Musexpress from Musegain, but I didn't have much success getting everything to work the way I wanted it to, plus it keeps the .php instead of .html. I also tried the mumblr widget, and it just didn't work out the way I wanted it to. Admittedly I have not yet tried article connect, but I did notice that particular preview does not have the .html attached to it. How??!!

Thanks!

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Jonny, our site was a combination of hand coding and the use of the Shopify platform. The size and complexity of a subscription and sales platform just would be effective in Muse.
    Dj

3. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

Hey Jonny,

DJ is right, our site is built primarily on the Shopify platform, with tons of custom coded plugins, pages, etc. It's been quite a journey building a site that fits our needs, there's certainly nothing that would fit our setup right out of the box.

Couple thoughts:
    – Blogging, always tough as I'm sure you've encountered. In a nutshell a true blog requires a database, with server-side capabilities. Muse however is simple static html builder, with everything running in the browser (client side). Aside from the widgets we / other vendors offer, you could potentially utilize another blogging system and point it to a subdomain on your current size. That's better from an SEO standpoint than doing some horrible iframe, although matching up styles could be tough. Example - core site www.musethemes.com, blog hosted on "blog.musethemes.com" and powered by another platform.

– Hide html extension, this is typically done by editing a file on your hosting server called the ".htaccess" file. It's kind of techy to do, but there are a few guides around the web that explain what that file is and how to modify it. I did a quick google and posts like this might be the ticket: http://alexcican.com/post/how-to-remove-php-html-htm-extensions-with-htaccess/

(maybe we'll do a blog post on removing the html extension!)

Hope this helps.
    Cheers
    SH