What are Wireframes?

Discussion in 'Wireframes' started by Brandon, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

Wireframes are a brand new category of products from MuseThemes!

https://www.muse-themes.com/products/wireframes

Wireframes have been used in website design for many years to act as blueprints or frameworks representing the layout of a website. These wireframe layouts leave out graphics, typographic styling and and colors in order to be updated quickly and easily. MuseThemes is excited to bring this concept to the Muse world with our series of pre-built Wireframes!

Wireframes are great for teams, as well as designers looking to provide a functional rough draft to clients. These fully responsive layouts can be re-arranged very quickly as needed. Once finalized, wireframes can easily be turned into completed websites by replacing placeholder images and text copy.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  2. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Brandon!
    Images (rectangles) on the "Gallery Traditional" page are not placing in a proper way in breakpoints 414 px, 375 px and 320 px. In my opinion in 480 px breakpoint (responsive) they should be changed to responsive with width and to pin to center together with title and content text. After that they should be set to work as group. What do you think about my proposal? :rolleyes:

Susan Stramm likes this.
  3. Brandon

I think that's a lot of breakpoints!

Just kidding, I agree. Your proposal makes sense. I personally prefer to make most all elements pinned to center at mobile sized breakpoints. Grouping is also handy, as you mentioned. Though I find grouping to often be handy at any breakpoint. It really depends on how Muse organizes things when viewing at different browser sizes. Sometimes I group things, sometimes I don't.

But having BP's at 320, 375, 414, and 480 seems like a lot of work, and most likely unnecessary. If the smallest breakpoints are set to fluid, and the images and text are set for responsive resizing, there's not much of a reason to have so many breakpoints. I try to design with the fewest breakpoints I can possibly use.

Thanks for the feedback!

4. Jeremei

Brandon!
    You don´t need to set small breakpoints (414, 375 and 320)! You must only set in 480 px breakpoint items as I mentioned otherwise they are not working in a proper way on small devices! :)

5. Jeremei

Brandon!
    Look at the screenshots. You can see the difference on small devices (414px, 375px and 320px)

1. Without editing "Gallery Traditional" page in breakpoint 375 px (using original MT-Muse template)
    Gallery_Traditional.png

2. After editing in 480 px breakpoint, everything works correctly (using original MT-Muse template)
    Gallery_Traditional 2.png

In my opinion this is a BUG and it should be fixed and the template update!!! o_O

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    Susan Stramm likes this.
  6. Brandon

Thanks @Jeremei

We'll get it updated. For now, you can select all those elements at once and just pin them center, which it looks like you've already done.

7. Brandon

8. Jeremei

Brandon!
    Thank you very much! :)

Cees Pijnappels likes this.