Website for insulation company – feedback on smartphone functionality wanted!

Discussion in 'Member Showcase' started by Janne, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

Hi there,

this is my 5th Muse site and the 1st time I use this showcase. Actually I´m doing it merely to get some feedback of smartphone users. I used the Build theme which has fixed-width breakpoints, as I wanted to ensure the site works smoothly on all devices. Obviously this isn´t the case. Someone using Samsung Galaxy told me the text looked "messy" on his device (360 px).

As I can´t test all Smartphone versions, I´d be happy for your feedback. Here is the site:

www.bauflock.de

Thx for your help,
    Janne

Susan Stramm likes this.
  2. Susan Stramm

Susan Stramm Active Member

It worked well on my little Windows Blu phone - and that's an achievement. :)
    When I hold the phone sideways (landscape) the top logo and menu button take up a lot of space. There is little room left to see the content.
    When I use the phone in portrait, everything looks good.
    The menu - I had to tap the button again to move the menu out of the way some people may not figure this out?

3. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

Thx for your feedback, Susan, and for pointing out the landscape issue with the large menu! I must admit I never tested it sideways. :O But you are right - the menu should slide away. I´ll ask how to do this in a new thread.

As to the menu not shutting once an item is chosen – if I remember correctly, this is a known issue with Adobe muse which they didn´t manage to solve yet. But perhaps I mess things up and this could be fixed? Then any help on this will be appreciated!

Thx again,
    Janne

Susan Stramm likes this.
  4. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

Susan, I asked in the Adobe Muse forum and got this answer: "
    The accordion has no autoclose command, because it is no "accordion menu", therefore in some situations it may be not the adequate tool, for what you want to achieve, and it would be worthwhile, to look for a working alternative.

The standard menu has this autoclose function since Muse 2015, so in many – if not most – cases it may replace the accordion, if set up adequately."

So it seems Musethemes chose the wrong widget for the menu of their Frost template (which was my base). I´ll try to exchange the widget. Hopefully this works ...

Susan Stramm likes this.
  5. Susan Stramm

Hi Janne, thank you for sharing the info. I like the connect widget - the look and feel and I only have to do one menu for all devices.
    I have been catching up on my muse training and found this http://troy.labs.daum.net/ - now I no longer have to chase down the guys and ask them to test the site.

Janne likes this.
  6. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

Oh, this is a very helpful link – thx for sharing it! I´ll have a look at the connect widget as well.

Thanks again for all your feedback, Susan!

7. Susan Stramm

You are welcome.

I am going to email support about the connect widget - it really does not work on mobile. You cannot scroll down to see the menu choices that are out of view. I can work around it in this case - but not always.

I used the setting suggested by Jeremei in my forum post on the topic and that fixed it. ( full height, not fly out) I like the other look and feel (fly out) better though :) :/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  8. Mackenzie Campbell

Mackenzie Campbell Moderator Staff Member

Hi Janne,

Great site! Do you mind if I feature this on our social channels as an example of a website built in one of our templates?