Dismiss Notice
FORUM SHUTDOWN NOTICE: Due to inactivity and the end-of-life of Adobe Muse, we've made the decision to shut down and archive our forum as of Oct 28, 2020. Be sure to check out our new website creation tool Without Code (www.wocode.com) - thanks again for your support!

Solved .webm for Vimeo videos?

Discussion in 'SHOW Responsive Video Suite' started by Alan, May 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Alan

Alan Active Member

what should I put in the .webm field if I'm hosting on Vimeo??
    also for the poster image where do you host the still? can I upload it to Business catalyst somehow??
    thanks in advance

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Alan, if you are using the YouTube or Vimeo options, there are no video files or image to upload. It will interface with YT or Vimeo by the code you insert into the widget controller.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

3. Alan

Alan Active Member

When I'm using the background video option there are fields to input this info.. should I just delete the URL in the .webm field? (it's a Musetheme URL) .. also I need a still as apparently the video background won't work on iPhones so I need a still image to replace the video ... just wondered where people upload the still image to generally..

4. DjHerold

Alan, I'm a bit confused as to what you are describing? I don't see any input are for Vimeo or Youtube requiring an image, those inputs are when you are using your own video's hosted locally or externally.
    I may be missing your issue, so, could you post a couple of screen shots of the fly out panel settings to show me what you are looking at?
    That would be a great help.
    Thanks
    Dj

5. Alan

Alan Active Member

like I say it's on th video background dialogue box screen shot 4.jpg

6. DjHerold

Alan, thanks, I thought you were looking at the Vimeo and YouTube sections, my mistake.
    Yes, just remove the default URL (that's just to allow users to see how the widget works), and replace them with your own.
    That also includes your image upload.
    As far as playing on Iphones, this is something that is an Apple issue. Also, most all Carriers do not allow auto play on phones. This is due to data use restrictions and something we (or any widget makers) control.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

7. Alan

Alan Active Member

my video is on Vimeo and I don't have a .webm file for it, so I guess it's either an mp4 OR a webm file needed and leave the other blank? .., also I was asking about the image upload as I don't usually do this with vimeo ... I just wondered if people had to open a photobucket account or similar to host the thumbnails (or can you do it with Business catalyst) ...

8. DjHerold

Alan, I believe that the purpose of our widget having the Vimeo and YouTube functions separate was for just this reason. I know you are trying to find a way around that 'Private' functionality of Vimeo, but I don't believe this is the way it can be done.
    I'm going to ask you place a support ticket (support>contact us), that way I'm sure you'll get the best answers/solutions we can provide.
    Be sure to ask the question about a possible update to allow the 'Private' issue.
    Dj