Visually Simple Video?

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by Lance Evans, May 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Lance Evans

Lance Evans Well-Known Member

Hi DJ and everyone,

This should be a simple question, I hope it is.

I am looking for the most VISUALLY simple video player option I can find, for when the player is just sitting there. In other words, before the video has been clicked/played. All the extra crap (logos, timeline, etc.) are making the overall page (at least where the video is seen) look crappy. This is especially true on the phone version, which needs to be kept visually simple.

But I am having a hard time finding the best way around this. Here are a few specific issues:

1. I opted to not use Youtube because of all the extra things it displays. And instead went with Vimeo, which has less. But even then, Vimeo displays the timeline and logo in its default "poster" screen.

2. Then I realized that some of this was the doing of the standard Muse Youtube and Vimeo widgets, so switched to MT's "essentials video player", which looks just fine in default mode. (just the small play button in the center--great!).

3. However, when the vimeo video is playing using the essential player, we see BOTH the vimeo timeline as well as the essential video player timeline...it's sort of crazy-making.

Any suggestions on an option for something simple and visually clean? One that will work in both desktop and mobile?

Best,
    Lance

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Lance, Vimeo and Youtube as you have noted tend to include a bunch of extra stuff to their videos.
    I'm not sure if you are locked into using those services or not?
    I almost always host my own videos and then I have a cleaner interface using self hosted or external source videos.
    If you don't have to use the Vimeo or Youtube videos, both the essentials and our Show video suite work great on all devices.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Lance, one more thing I forgot to add, also look at our Gallery Connect widget (just in case).
    I believe you could have just a single video, and if you just drop the default 'Simple Slider' onto your page, you will see what the You Tube, Vineo, Wista ect video players look like.
    Dj