Solved Vigor Theme: Replacing Images

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Brenda, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Brenda

Brenda Member

I am having trouble replacing the instructor image inside the circle on the home page. If I right-click and click, replace background image, the image comes in square and removes the circle animation. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  2. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Brenda!
    Go to "Object" in Adobe Muse CC panel and use "Convert to shape" feature.

3. Brenda

Brenda Member

Thanks, Jeremei! Is there a way to resize the image in the frame? Also, the half circle that was around the picture is not gone. How do I get that back?

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Brenda, not sure if this helps but I find this the easiest when working with this template.
    In my first screen shot on the Master page (Some of this you may already know or have done), you will see the Composition Trigger. Select it and open the fly out. Select 'Show light box parts while editing. As you are probably aware, this allows you to see the elements in the Target area of the light box. One of those elements is your image location.
    In screen shot 2 you will see I have selected the image in the circle, and what it shows in the upper left corner of Muse, is this is an image inside a text box. Although this is typically an advanced move, it's very easy to replace. Go to 'Fill' and open it's drop down. There you will see the image name and you can delete the existing image and then add your own. The circle shape remains, because if you look at the top area of Muse I have circled the rounded corners area. There you can see the rectangle of the text box was actually rounded by adjusting there corners. If you don't want them rounded, just click on them to send them back to square, or adjust to taste.
    If you are wondering why I scratched over the fly out next to the image, it's because it actually is the fly out for the Composition widget of the Nav system. I find it sometimes confuses users (unless explained) that any element in the target area will allow for the composition fly out to be accessed. It's not really a apart of the image, hence confusing.
    Hope this helps
    Dj
    Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG

5. Brenda

Brenda Member

Thank you! I have a lot of learning, but your notes are great!