Videos overlapping other content

Discussion in 'SHOW Responsive Video Suite' started by Max Allen, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Max Allen

Max Allen Member

I'm using the video player widget, and I don't mean to sound ungrateful because this is GREAT. I'm just having one problem and that is that where the video scales vertically it is overlapping the content below it on wider screens. is there any way to make it push other content down or any other workarounds that you can think of?

Thanks

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Max, no worries, glad to have the feedback.
    Could you possibly post a screen shot showing your layout?
    Thanks
    Dj

3. Max Allen

Max Allen Member

Hi I have included the muse and web screens in the screenshot.

Thanks

4. ManofSteele77

ManofSteele77 Member

I am having the same issue with the footer of the webpage. SHOW just overlaps and doesn't push the page down.

5. DjHerold

Man, sorry you are having an issue, but could I ask the same thing of you, possibly some screen shots? It's a bit tough to tell how things are set up just by saying it doesn't work. Also, could you let me know what version of Muse you are using.
    It seems the user above never added his screen shots.
    Thanks
    Dj

6. ManofSteele77

ManofSteele77 Member

He Dj,

I'll get some screen shots and info to you as soon as I can.

7. gavinrampling

gavinrampling Member

Hi, was there any progress on this issue?
    I have a similar problem with a video gallery on the bottom layer of a 3 showing above content on a layer that is higher in the layer stack.

On this test page:
    (Test page taken down) 170316

If you select the 'menu' (top right) the video gallery and all other content on that page should be covered by the menu, however the gallery remains on top.

There are 3 layers on this page. Layer 1 has the page content. Layer 3, on top, has the menu when it is called by the user. Why would the gallery dismiss layer order?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  8. DjHerold

Gavin, unfortunately no one responded with additional information.
    I know we are doing a major release of updates to widgets (the Show widget being one of them) for issues caused by the latest Muse. I'm not sure if this is covered, or if it is a widget issue . This is the first I'm seeing of this problem.
    Could I ask you to try something? Open a new blank site/page, and place the Show widget on it, just like you have it set up now.
    Now if you could re create just the Menu item and see if the issue still is there.
    Dj

9. gavinrampling

gavinrampling Member

Hi DJ,
    The first thing I did was set up another site and test the same layout. But instead of recreating the menu, I simplified the set up so that the video gallery sat on the bottom of two layers. On the top layer I placed an opaque block that covered the gallery. When previewing, the videos appear over the block.
    cheers
    Gavin

10. DjHerold

Gavin, thanks for the update. I'm pretty confident that the new widget update will cover this. At this point with the release of the update pending within the next couple days I don't believe any aditional changes could be made anyway. Hopefully this will fix your problem, if not get back to us and we'll see if there's anything additional the developers can do .
    Thanks for your patience
    DJ

11. gavinrampling

gavinrampling Member

great, thanks for the feedback.

12. Jhoward

Jhoward New Member

Hi,

I am experiencing the same behavior, you can check it out on the following site:
    http://www.turfplusmgt.com/video-highlights.html
    When you attempt to use the menu for Services it goes behind the videos even though it is lower on the layer tree.. Glad I am not imaging this.

13. DjHerold

Jhoward, please see the post above yours, we are releasing a fix.
    Dj,

14. gavinrampling

gavinrampling Member

Hi DJ,
    Is the new release 1.1? I had 1.0, with which I encountered my issue - posted above. If 1.1 is the latest release, the overlapping issue is still there, unfortunately.
    cheers
    Gavin

15. DjHerold

gavin, I'm truly sorry, but I've just been informed that the fix for your particular issue wasn't able to go in the last update (3-11).
    It is a known issue, and there is going to be a fix soon but I'm told it could be with some other update releases coming this week, or it could be as far as next week.
    This issue is a rather big fix to the widget. Muse is wanting to re arrange the order of the page to block anything from making the players not clickable (if that makes sense).
    I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, and again, I am sorry for saying that all the issues would be fixed in the last one. I didn't know the scope of the latest Muse updates, and howt hey would affect so much.
    Dj

16. DjHerold

Gavin, I am being informed that the z order issue has been fixed and is ready for download on the widgets product page.
    Let me know if you have any further issues.
    And again, thanks for your patience.
    Dj

17. sterling_slvr

sterling_slvr Member

Dj,
    The project page suggests that the newest version of the widget is 1.1 from 3/11. Did they fix the overlapping problem without renaming the version? I am having the same issue.

• 1.1: Many upgrades and bug fixes (03/11/2016)
    • 1.0: Adds collapsible panel functionality and support for responsive Muse

18. DjHerold

sterling, for now I have to assume it was an over site. The latest widget that you get with the download is the fix for the Z order.
    They may have felt it too confusing to come out with another version number so quickly.
    I will let them know, but the one you want is what you would get if you downloaded now.
    Dj

19. gavinrampling

gavinrampling Member

Hi DJ,
    Thanks for the update.

The overlapping issue is fixed when previewing (haven't tested with a live site yet).

The new issue is with footers: the widget appears to create extra browser height space but disables/ignores footer, i.e. the footer doesn't stick to the bottom of the browser.

In my example below the black band footer below the video gallery should be pinned to the bottom of the browser, as is the blue 'MyLiveChat' button (bottom right). When the gallery isn't on the page, the footer works as expected - pinned to the bottom of the page.

However, when the gallery is implemented the footer is stuck in a position above the bottom of the browser.

[​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]
    This same issue also occurs with the Dropdown List widget. Something in the widget code for both Show Video and Dropdown List breaks the Footer positioning.

cheers
    Gavin

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  20. DjHerold

Gavin, I'm not sure why this would be happening so I'll have to ask you to place a support ticket (support>contact us) and see if the support team has an answer.
    They would be better suited to look at the design of your page and see if it's a widget issue or some other possible conflict.
    Thank you
    Dj