Videos on Responsive Muse

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Nenad W. S., Feb 10, 2016.

1. Nenad W. S.

Nenad W. S. Member

Hello Muse-theme.com people,

And thank you for all your efforts (I mean the MT team). I'm not a member, but I am considering it, and for that reason, I have a 2 questions.

1. What do your videos on Muse's new responsive abilities cover?
    I would greatly appreciate a detailed list, because these are the only 'responsive Muse' tutorials I've found so far, and I'm really interested in what they have to offer.

(to make your life simpler, you may just want to write down a short "What our videos help you do with Muse" list or similar)

2. Do you intend to implement GSAP (GreenSock.JS) into any of your widgets?

If you know about the library, I'm sure you know why I'm asking.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I really like Muse and find it an exceptional tool, but I still haven't been able to figure out to make use of its responsive abilities (e.g. images don't stretch in height across breakpoints), which is why I am asking the first question, and the second one... Well, GSAP simply is the best animation library I've found, and I'd love to see some of that stuff added to Muse.

Hope you can help me out - if not, I don't know what to do but start learning Bootstrap...

All the best!
    Nenad

2. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

Hi Nenad,

Thank you for the questions, and for the interest in MuseThemes! We work hard to ensure that our members are glad they joined. To answer your questions:

1. The Responsive Training Series is really quite comprehensive. You'll see what's new, learn how to operate Responsive Muse, and learn responsive design techniques while building real samples. Demo assets are included.

A few highlights (though not a complete list)
    • Learn about the new tools in Responsive Muse like the breakpoint bar and scrubber
    • Learn how responsive sizing and pinning works and behaves with elements, images, text, etc
    • Learn responsive design best practices, and how to "think" differently when designing
    • Golden Rules: Things you should always do, and things you should never do
    • How It's Made: We show you how to create some real world responsive layouts by duplicating top designs across the web
    • Responsive design resources
    Steve Harris really is great at teaching and explaining things in an easy to understand way. This is really a great series, and a great compliment to a huge library of widgets, templates and resources.

2. We are definitely familiar with GreenSock.js. We may very well implement it into widgets in the future. As you might imagine, we approach each widget we build uniquely. We leverage the libraries and tools that are best suited to meet the quality, speed, and lightness targets we're after. We also sometimes build custom libraries ourselves.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Jörgen likes this.
  3. Nenad W. S.

Nenad W. S. Member

Well, honestly, I have heard and read the phrase "this is great" many times in my life, and it didn't always provide what it promised.

In all sincerity, I would have already joined if I saw you offered a risk-free entry, but you don't, which is why I am still hesitant...

I don't know. I'll think about it a couple days more and then decide.

Thank you for your response, the video part covered what I wanted to know.

Regards,
    Nenad

4. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

Hi Nenad,

We have quite a few free widgets you can try out and see if you like also.

While we don't have a "trial" offer, if you aren't completely satisfied, contact me and I will take care of you. So no worries there.

Cheers

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    Jörgen likes this.
  5. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

Nenad, if you decide to join and don't find the training meets your expectations I will absolutely give you a full refund, no questions asked. I really do think you'll enjoy it - check out some of the comments that have been posted on the video page (near the bottom). Our users seem to be happy with it.

http://www.muse-themes.com/pages/responsive-design-video-training

Cheers!
    SH

Jörgen likes this.
  6. Mike Valkanet

Mike Valkanet Well-Known Member

All the widgets have a clearly explained video for each widget if you ever get stuck or forget how to do something.

The widgets are easy to use and pretty intuitive even without much instruction either.

I've been a member for 2+ years BTW

7. Nenad W. S.

Nenad W. S. Member

All points taken.

To be honest, it's not the quality of MT.com that I'm doubting (I can see you're doing great work even from afar), but it's the quality of Muse's new responsive features that worry me.

My main concern is, should I be trying this at all or just directly start learning how to code (CSS and Bootstrap), or is Muse really able to make my life a lot easier without that...

But nevermind. I'll join, check out your videos in a matter of couple of days and then decide. Thanks for all your replies - I am sure you're an awesome community and all, but I need to get my head straight before I make any commitments.

Regards,
    NWS

8. Mike Valkanet

I have to say I am very impressed with Muse's responsive design. I thought it was going to be much more difficult than it actually is, although I've been using Muse for a while and am very comfortable with it already.

I just watched all the new videos that Muse Themes released and they do help you understand the thinking involved when designing responsive as well as best practices too.

http://www.muse-themes.com/pages/responsive-design-video-training
    Click the orange "Play now button" and this will play all of the videos in order. (about 1 hour)

Then you can skip around on the playlists with the sidebar button in the video itself.

9. Nenad W. S.

Nenad W. S. Member

Allrightey, we're on board and delving into the videos :)

10. Nenad W. S.

Nenad W. S. Member

Okey, I went through your videos, and combined with your widgets, I am definitely NOT going to ask for a refund.

Which means MT has a new member onboard - yay! :)

I have a many more questions to ask, but they regard widgets or tricks inside Muse itself,
    so I'll be posting them in their respective places.

Nice work, MT team, I hope you keep it up for a long time to come :)

Regards,
    Nenad

Norman Durkee and Mick Kenyon like this.
  11. Mike Valkanet

Welcome to the club. You can learn a lot here and it will make you a better designer.

Muse is a money maker!

12. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Nenad, yes, welcome aboard! It's a great group of users and everyone can learn a bunch here.
    We pride ourselves on our Templates, Widgets, and commitment to support.
    Anything we can do to help , just ask. If it can't be solve in the Forum, I'm sure there can be something the team can do.
    Again welcome and thanks for joining.
    Dj

13. Richard Taylor

Richard Taylor Member

Hi DJ and MT team the videos were perfect epically the five golden rules which I think ran to 7 or 8 in the end on my note book. Although there was one item missing. For uses who already have Desktop, Tablet and Phone versions of their site will responsive design still provide any benefit to convert the existing programs like pinning to browser for example ?

Also from and SEO prospective I know Google spiders sometimes have difficulty if they don't see the Viewport configured html on the page. will responsive design help here ?

Cheers

Ricardo

14. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Richard, sorry for the late response, I somehow lost this post.
    I'm going to defer to the developers and other support guys on the SEO question, although I believe the responsive design does handle that. If you don't get an answer here in the forum, give them a shout at support>contact.
    As far as redesigning, that's more of a preference question. Yes, you get the added features of things like pinning, resonsive images and text, which makes life easier. But, the trade off is the old, "Time is Money" aspect of re designing a site.
    My own, definitely, I am underway as we speak. A client that I have delivered a finished product and have a happy customer, maybe.
    I obviously want them to have the best suited site, but I have to temper that with what they have vs. what they expect, vs. sounding like I want more money.
    So far, I am moving rather slowly, learning the new system and watching for what other are going through to gauge the ultimate cost of jumping in too far before Adobe refines a bit more. I always get that feeling that my "wants" are always just around the corner.
    Now, having pontificated way to much, I'll leave you with my last thought. I've said many times in the forums, that just because you can, doesn't mean you should. With that in mind, so far I've found that if I design a content rich site that's laid out cleanly and give my customer what they asked for, responsive is definitely going to make our lives easier.
    Dj