Solved Videos in multiple categories

Discussion in 'Media Pro Gallery' started by Jon, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Jon

Jon Member

Is there any way to have a video sorted under multiple categories without showing up twice under View All? For example, if a video is both a commercial and a comedy and I want it to show up under both comedies and commercials when sorted. If I set it up via Collections and put the same video in both categories, it works with the caveat that under view all there would be duplicates.

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Jon, I haven't tried this with the newest version of the widget (I'll try to build something to look at it, but it may be a bit).
    BUT, the last version (the legacy version) only shows a duplicate once in 'ALL' but shows in the different categories it's placed in.
    I tested that by using the already built demo that comes with the download.
    Dj

3. Jon

Jon Member

That's good to know. Thanks! Will try and the current one again and if it doesn't work will switch to the legacy version.

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Jon, I did set up a test of the widget with the latest version (1.1).
    Everything worked fine. If I add the same item in multiple categories, it only showed up once in 'ALL', but did show in each separate category.
    Dj

5. Jon

Jon Member

That's exactly what I was looking for. Not sure what I had done before but it's working now. Thanks again.