Video stops playing as soon as breakpoint is hit...

Discussion in 'SHOW Responsive Video Suite' started by R3790, Jul 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R3790

R3790 New Member

Hi,
    I am having a little trouble with the SHOW Responsive Video Suite v. 1.1
    I have added the toolkit plus the background video set to section with my graphic stye set. When previewing in Safari everything works great!! Once back in Muse, I need to add break points and when I preview again with the break points added, the video plays like it should, but as I resize the browser and hit the first break point the video freezes and/or disappears completely. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to get the background video to keep playing across break points?

Thanks for any insight on this matter,
    R

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

R3790, when using a scrubber bar or browser edge to resize the browser, you'll have to re fresh the browser to see the true functionality in a lower size.
    Remember, the view isn't resizing their device, they are seeing the page displayed as it was called up by the device being used.
    Muse (depending on the content and /or widgets) needs to reload some code when changing size in a browser.
    When the page is originally called up it only needs to load once.
    One other thing, some of the Video type widgets sometimes don't function as advertised until published.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

3. R3790

R3790 New Member

Thanks DJ for a quick response. This is all good info. I did notice that when I publish and open the site in the browser the video plays no problem. Then as I resize the browser, the video continues to play all the way until I hit the break point then it stops playing. Tried to reload the page, video does not play. I then enlarged the browser, reloaded the page and the video played again. To test, I removed all break points and the video played smoothly while I drug the browser in and out with no issues. Put the break points back in and sure enough, video stops playing at the first break point and will not play unless the browser is set to above said break point. Now, I did notice something odd. Once the browser is inside of the first break point and I reload the page, there appears to be no video. However, I noticed a tiny speck (say 4 pixels high by 8 pixels wide) and on closer examination, it is the video playing. Its just way too tiny to see it. Not sure how that is happening. Once again, thank you for the response and links.
    R3790

4. RIch A

RIch A Member

Was this ever resolved? I'm experiencing an identical issue.

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Rich, this post is over a year old, so I would have to ask you post a new thread with examples of your issues and concerns.
    Thank you in advanced for your patience.
    Dj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.