Video on ROUGE template

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Luis, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Luis

Luis Active Member

Hi, how can I place the video o the ROUGE template like the one that is on the live view on the muse theme website and I also want to know how can I place the video first, instead of the carousel slider. basically I need to switch places between the video and the carousel.

PD: Are there any video tutorials?

Thanks

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Luis, not sure if you are using the template as your base or not.
    The carousel widget could be placed (or replaced, making sure you have the latest version) in any location you would want, as any asset can be.
    The video widget is our 'Full width video' widget, and can be dropped into the top after the carousel is moved. If you're using the template as a base, there are a couple of overlays on top of the video to be careful of, but they aren't required to use the video widget. They are just decorative.
    What is necessary is the State button that looks like a play button. This is linked to the Video page that would hold a full page video that's different than the teaser vid on the Home page.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

3. Luis

Luis Active Member

Yes, I'm using the template as a base and I thought the video widget was there, but I downloaded and place it . One more thing when you said to make sure I hac=ve the latest version , are you talking about Muse or the Carousel widget. I just download the template yesterday.

Thanks

4. DjHerold

Luis, there are pretty explanatory details in this (and other templates) in our docs area (https://docs.muse-themes.com/).
    When I was referring to the latest version of the widgets, it was because some templates (like this one) are older and contain the version of the widgets at that time. If we have updated the widgets for the newer versions of Muse, you may need to update them. We normally don't go back because of the frequency that Adobe changes things.
    As far as the video goes, they are for demo use only and we do not include the video, you'll need to place your own.
    Take a look and let me know how I can help.
    Dj

5. Luis

Luis Active Member

Hi Dj, question Am I supposed to see any contron on the full width video witget like pause , stop. I have set my video height the same as on the widget but there is a part on the video misiing. How ca I get the full video on the screen. See images attached.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

6. DjHerold

Luis, I think the Video widget you are using is from another vendor. You'll really have to speak to them about it's functions.
    If you are a Muse Themes member, we have a full browser width video widget that is usually used for a hero.
    We also have a full screen video widget. Both do not have controls. They are designed to play on desktop when the browser opens.
    What I would have you look at, is our Show Video suite. This widget has multiple functions and can be used as a player or a browser background (as well as a gallery). Take a look at our video tutorial on the Show Widget.
    Dj

7. Luis

Luis Active Member

Show Video suite works perfect for me but videos wont play in safari.
    One more thing I just download a fresh copy of the rouge template and the slide down when hover over tha about menu is not working. Any idea!!

thanks

8. DjHerold

9. Luis

Luis Active Member

Yes is the accordion hover, is was working the day before, the rouge template should be removed then or modified.

thank u DjHerold.