Video Essentials : Inconsistencies

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by BillyD, Sep 20, 2017.

what is the best way to play a video in MUSE?

1. A muse theme

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. something else

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. pasted code

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BillyD

BillyD Active Member

I am using a video player on my home page to play a VIMEO video in a player (Video Essentials 1.0). The player is VERY inconsistent. Sometimes it works perfectly, but sometimes the video player appears as a black box. It appears to be a cache issue because new visitors do not appear to see a black box video player. Please see the attached images...all I did was refresh the page to get the video to appear. HERE IS THE SITE: www.yoeebaby.com ..thanks for any assistance!

site sample.jpg

site sample 2.jpg

2. BillyD

BillyD Active Member

3. BillyD

BillyD Active Member

Still stuck here: Now VIDEO ESSENTIALS is serving up this image ONLY if you have been to the site before (presumably because it is not cached). But, after you have been to the site, it will serve this image (black box, no video) every 4 or 5 times you hit the site. It doesn't matter what video is being served, or if it's Vimeo or Youtube. site sample 3.jpg

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Billy, I'd see if our team has any info on this issue.
    I'm not sure what version of Muse you are using, but the latest has been causing some concerns.
    The team can tell you though (resources>contact us).
    Thanks
    Dj

5. BillyD

BillyD Active Member

DJ, thanks for your response. I wrote to contact (form) yesterday and got a response at midnight last night saying there were no problems. But, that's the problem. It is inconsistent. I am really stuck here. I wrote again this morning and have not heard back all day. I tried the SHOW Player instead, but it makes a very tall black box around the player.

6. BillyD

BillyD Active Member

PS. I did not upgrade to 2017.1, I waited to ensure there were no problems (there are). Here is what my video player displays using SHOW btw. I'd be happy to try this instead of VIDEO ESSENTIALS if I could make it work. All of my software (except MUSE) is up to date on high-performance Mac.

site sample 4.jpg

7. DjHerold

Billy, yes, unfortunately, that is how Show displays.
    I'd let the team respond, they should look at your file, it's really the best way to se what's going on. We haven't had comments about this that I run into.
    Bare with them, they are swamped with the last Muse update everyone is freaking out.
    Thanks
    Dj

8. BillyD

BillyD Active Member

Understood. Thanks--

9. BillyD

BillyD Active Member

PS DJ...on the demo for SHOW, the video does not appear as a tall black box. The SHOW demo video player looks as clean as VIDEO ESSENTIALS video player? The presenter makes no mention of this goofy black box layout, yet you say "this is how it displays" ..? Confused. Thanks in advance.

10. kshetler

kshetler New Member

It looks like this might be Chrome related. Running in Edge works fine. Chrome seems to be pretty random about whether it will load or not.

11. DjHerold

Billy, sorry about that, goes to show you I can't multi task sometimes. I was also working with someone with the Video carousel widget, and that one does a similar (black bar) look to it.
    You are right, Show and Essentials shouldn't have that look.
    Unfortunately, I can not replicate your issue on a new blank page/site. With either.
    Billy, can you replicate on a new blank site?

Kshetler, I am not having any issues with either Chrome or Firefox as of right now.

Thanks
    Dj