Versa Slide with Stacks- Error: Page is outside a breakpoint node.

Discussion in 'Versa Slide' started by Editor AL, Jun 21, 2016.

1. nicolem

nicolem Member

Herold,

I was going to try and replicate my design using Pushy Panes. Do you think it would be worth the time or will it cause the same problem as Versa Slide?

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

nicolem, unfortunately I'm not totally sure yet what the new version has done to the coding of the widgets.
    My suggestion would be to experiment if you have the time, but since the updates to the widget base should be this week, if time is tight, I'd suggest waiting to see if it helps the situation.
    Dj

3. nicolem

nicolem Member

I saw that the versa slide widget page now says Compatibility: Muse 2015.2 but I didn't see anything added to the update log and the widget version is the same. Anyone know if it said Muse 2015.2 before?

4. DjHerold

nicolem, all the widgets have been brought up to the newest version's compatibility, but some have issues that are under review and redesign. The Versa Slide is one of them. Once the cause is identified, they will be updated or rebuilt as necessary.
    We are having troubles with some that may require they be needing a complete redesign, and that can take some time.
    I will push the team for more frequent updates if possible, so everyone knows what's up.
    The reason for no version change in the widgets was due to the fact that no real update or bug fix was performed. It was strictly a situation where the widgets were tuned to recognize the new version, stopping that annoying load issue in Muse and also trying to eliminate any simple compatibility issues with the change.
    Thanks for the post.
    Dj

5. nicolem

nicolem Member

So I guess this whole fiasco has taught me a lesson not to upgrade software in the middle of a big project. I just wanted to post here to let anyone who is having the same problem know that I have reinstalled the previous version of muse and the problem is predictably gone. Not a permanent solution because I like some of the new muse features, but for now it will have to work until Versa Slide is redesigned/updated to work correctly.

6. DjHerold

nicolem, thank you for that update.
    Dj

7. Jonathan De Bem

Jonathan De Bem New Member

Hello DJ,

I'm working on a website that uses both the accordion and the Versa Slide widgets but it seems like when ever i add the versa slide to the website the accordion widget does not work anymore. Do you know the issue to this?

8. DjHerold

Jonathan, Muse Themes is no longer supporting the Versa Slide widget. With all the changes since responsive came about, the widget's stability has be come suspect. The recommendation would be to use the Pushy Panes widget. It has the ability to do essentially the same things Versa would.
    The Versa Slide product Page explains this better than I can.
    Thank you for your patience.
    Dj

9. Editor AL

Editor AL Well-Known Member

Hi

I did place a ticket and followed up multimple times now.
    I have asked the team for two months now for help on this - i can appreciate they are busy... however... this remains a problem and my work around is lame compared to using Versa.

Is there a way you could nudge the team to hit this issue?

Thanks and Cheers!
    -A.L.

10. Editor AL

ooops! i did not see that versa is an abandoned widget... posted july 21 --i surrender and will relent on using it.

11. DjHerold

12. Editor AL

Dj:

Will Pushy Panes handle breakpoints in responsive? - or is that a moot point due to the way Pushy Panes works?

Thanks + Cheers!
    -A.L.

13. Editor AL

Dj:

Pushy Panes shows up in all three break points in muse. I am adjusting them for each Breakpoint and it seems to work in all of them.

IMAGES ISSUE:
    My Image Files do not show at all in the child pane: the menu shows up but not the placed graphic.
    • Using a psd then a png file - the graphics i put in the child pane do not show up. I can't figure out why. Even when i put the round graphic over the "vertical menu" (muse menu) neither the PSD or png appear when Pushy Panes opens.
    • Thinking it could be a object on a layer issue - all the layers on the child and the graphic were brought to the front and the Parent pane sent to the back. I made sure it was an 8 bit graphic just in case.
    • The graphic just does not show up. (not using the graphic is not critical however I wonder what is up with that.)

In Steve's demo it says that anything can go into the child pane but currently, both formats of the graphic are not showing up. .

Any suggestions or input on this?

Thanks and Cheers!
    -AL

14. Editor AL

Dj et all:

Does anyone else have this behavior?

Also: regarding earlier query on missing graphics: I tried putting the graphic on the parent frame. Even when i put the graphic in the Parent it does not show up.

SUB-MENUS Not Showing Up in Pushy Pane Child:

Also using the sub-menus in the Muse Native Vertical Menu- these are not appearing when Pushy Panes open: just the top level menus. (pic examples below)
    • In all instances the main menu will appear but no graphics and no sub menus.
    • I would gladly use this in place of Versa Slider if i can get the sub-menus to appear.
    Not sure what to make of all this but hoping you might have some guidance.
    Thanks and Cheers!

-A.L.
    Pictures explanation:
    Picture with the beige and grey menu are the outcome of both Pic 1 - child with Muse Vertical Menu and sub-menus showing. Plus Pic 2 showing a graphic with the sub-menus in the child pane. Both the sub-menus and graphics are not appearing when I test the widget using preview .

sub-menus-missing-when-open.png MissingGraphicA8.png Sub-menus-in-childb.png