Versa Slide with Stacks- Error: Page is outside a breakpoint node.

Discussion in 'Versa Slide' started by Editor AL, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Editor AL

Editor AL Well-Known Member

>JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function: Error: Page is outside a breakpoint node.<
    NOTE: Forum has one other THREAD listing regarding the above error that says Resolved but don't see a resolution. New code releases were cited as solution. BTW

Running new MUSE june 20:
    Template is: the stacks basic template. Only 1 widget on site: the Versa Slide.
    Placement: Versa Widget on Masters Page
    Page for VS target: Menu
    Posted SIte to BC
    FIrefox opens with picture below:
    Getting "JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function: Error: Page is outside a breakpoint node."

TESTING PAGE: the hamburger icon spins and arrow comes up but - nothing slides.

Anybody else with this?
    THx + CHeers!

breakpointFIreFOX.png

2. Editor AL

TESTING Update

Made NEW Muse Site: tested Versa Slide on fixed width: no error
    Same Versa Slide Muse file with 1 Breakpoint at 768 on MASTER pager: Error shows up.

NOTE: No Error using the Versa Slide if i point to external (aka musethemes.com) but i i use local aka "menu" page for Versa Slide.

3. Editor AL

Testing #2:

Versa Slide works fine with no break point. If i add a 768 break point on either page - i get the java break point error.

4. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Editor AL!
    1. I tested Versa Slide widget with new update of Muse. That error message is really appearing but when you close it so widget is working normally. Of course this error should be fixed even though the widget would work in correct way!
    2. You said in your first post that you were using "Stacks basic template", right? Did you use "Base File - Stacks.muse" template? If you used "Stacks-file",so did you add to the Master Page same breakpoints as there are on the Home Page and other pages (1200, 960, 768, 550 and 320)? If there are different breakpoints on Master Page as on other pages so it causes often conflict in previewing and publishing.
    3. On the video tutorial Steve sets Versa Slide widget onto Home Page. I tested the widget when it was on the Home Page and on the Master Page (same breakpoints on all pages) and everything worked fine except this error message.

5. Editor AL

Thanks for your input!
    The error message appears when the page loads and then it won't work. aka no menu if i can get past the errors which show up immediately upon page open.

I gave up on using the STACKS BASE FILE when i couldn't get the Versa Slide to work. (Yes i did make all the breakpoints match the STACKS BASE FILE breakpoints.)
    Then went back to a blank new site: and it still failed.
    I ran so many tests that i am blury - I don't know what else to do.

Then I pushed to use the Sidebar Navigation menu and had errors with it working too.
    I am heading back to a Muse native acordian until i can get some help from tech support. Not sure what else to try.

6. nicolem

nicolem Member

Editor AL, i'm having the same problem. I'm using the June 20 update. I'm not using a stacks file, instead I started from scratch and am using the Versa Slide widget in the exact same style as in the Muse Themes "Fresh" template. Whenever I try to add a breakpoint and publish, this pops up when I view any page that has breakpoints. Site works fine on the pages that don't have breakpoints (Home and Menu.) Frustrating...

7. Editor AL

Hi Nicolem + Wishing you a Happy Wednesday!

Your results are duplicate of mine.
    Same tests. Works on the site UNTIL a breakpoint is added.

Anytime i added a breakpoint the error did show up.
    I tried it on the master page and the "normal"page: and both failed immediately using a breakpoint.

Not sure how to proceed. I worked on it for days now. It is hard to take so much time to chase a trouble. IT is such a cool addition to the site i kept trying... till and hour ago.

Next I am retreating back to using a Muse Accordion widget cause of time constraints.

I had problems using the Sidebar Navigation Menu too. I tried that as a back up...
    Hoping for a Tech idea to move this forward.

Frustrating yes... time consuming yes... if it can get solved though a nice addition to the site.
    It is challenging and "hard" to abandon the quest!

8. Editor AL

Thanks for your input Jeremei: i replied in the post (i will use REPLY here forwards)

9. nicolem

nicolem Member

Jeremei, in response to your first point: I agree that even though the widget still technically works, it still needs to be fixed. I don't want users of the site to have to see this message anytime they load a page and have to click okay every time. That would be very unprofessional and, in my opinion, a failing on my part as the designer. I wouldn't expect my client to pay me for a site that did that.

10. nicolem

nicolem Member

AL, I am also up against a deadline and unfortunately my client is set on this unique navigational style that I have going on using the Versa Slide. How close were you able to get using the Accordion widget. I'm thinking maybe Pushy Panes could work as well, but i'm doubtful that results would be any different than Versa Slide since Versa is basically just a more developed version of Pushy Panes, no? Thoughts?

Also, i'm not sure if Versa is the cause of this, but my header logo that links to the homepage is disappearing when I add the breakpoints.

Alux Media likes this.
  11. Editor AL

I did try to switch to Sidebar Nav Widget and it would not open or would show partial opens on a page when not selected.
    That seems like a possible Versa Slide replacement. Maybe the tech request will prove fruitful in a sliding sort of way?

12. nicolem

nicolem Member

I'm going to go ahead and try building it out with Pushy Panes tomorrow morning and see what happens. I'm too frustrated with this to spend any more time on this project today. I'll post my results here.

13. Editor AL

(I understand your client's attachment to the feature: it is excellent)

Regarding "close" using accordion widget. I made a work around this is not really a good one.
    I used the top of the page for the Accordion hot spot. Put my logo under it by one layer so it would show and the trigger would be on top.

_however: i have not/could not figure out how to get the expanded section (the menu to be) to fill the page. So it just pushed down the content from the top part way down the page, when it opens.

Regarding your Header Logo: I had fails with blank sites. Perhaps your logo is having a location problem: i only can text that my fails were on blank sites. My hunch is the logo is a separate issue.
    I tested VERSA on multiple sites. The last test were naked sites: no content but Versa and a 3 blank pages. It glitched on entering a breakpoint.

I couldn't figure out a work around so chose to use the Muse native accordion widget out of failed "desperation". I have not tried Pushy Panes so i don't know about their utility.

Perhaps if you send a tech ticket too a critical mass would form. That would make TWO and they can focus on this issue as it is not a one off problem.

14. nicolem

nicolem Member

Good idea, I just submitted a ticket so we'll see what happens.

15. Editor AL

If they get more that one similar ticket- that would be good.

I have sent the MT Tech guys a small stream over the last week. I wish them success at their challenges.
    Steve's story about starting Muse Themes is inspiring.

I am also "dancing" with HEADLINER.
    (That is day 2 or 3 days dancing with it -repeating attempts to get it to work with responsive.)
    (It has been a Muse Themes party for a loong while now.)

I have tested headliner widget up, down and sideways and it won't play nice - yet.
    It was coming in vertically - then in bizarre locations - and onward into the SLIDE. I surrendered for now and sent a tech help request.

I really like that widget. I had big plans for that and Versa Slide! lol I hope the tech guys "light up" on this Versa issue. Wishing you good luck on the site.

And regarding frustration?
    Remember: The flogging will continue until the morale improves. Chasing tech problems can be just a flogging experience.

16. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Al and Nicole, thank you for posting and letting support know about your issue.
    We are going to be putting out some updates to all the widgets, hopefully to combat some of the issues faced with the new Muse version.
    I think they are shooting for mid week.
    I do not know if your issue is being caused by the new version, although I suspect it is. Hopefully the new versions of the widgets will resolve this, BUT, if it doesn't, and your support tickets result in a solution (good or bad), could I ask that one of you post your results here for others to learn from.
    Thank you in advance,
    Dj

17. Editor AL

DJ!
    Hey - You Rock. Nice work in the forum. I appreciate your effort and experience here!

Regarding the new version:
    Prior to June 20th: The same problem before the new release.
    I beat it up for days - starting sunday i suspect - with the same fail using the PRE JUNE 20 Muse Release.

New Release: Same Duplicate Behavior as in prior Muse release. BTW
    So the new release may not be the cure. It is not new to the update.

Cheers and MUSE TEAM ROCKS (so does the Forum Team)

18. DjHerold

Al, thank you for the update, I have passed that onto the team, but as always, please make sure when you place your ticket or in any subsequent conversations, let them know.
    It's always better from our users.
    Thanks again (also for the kind words)
    Dj

19. Editor AL

DjHarold:

Thanks for the note
    Please clarify what "place your ticket or in any subsequent conversations, let them know."

My hunch is your saying to mention my tech contact in the post. Is there a ticket number or Identification I can use?
    No it is the reverse:) I think you are saying to past the Forum Posting into the Tech Ticket.

Is there a format that would work best for the Forum or Requesting Tech Support?

Also:
    i am going to start putting up a BC site and leaving it up with the performance issue I am working on. Then there is an easy way to get to an example that could be useful.

What ever the case: you and the Muse Team ROCK!
    What great development helpers!
    Cheers!

20. DjHerold

Al, sorry for the confusion. What I meant was, if you place a support ticket, be sure to give them anything new you may find while you are in contact with them.
    Also, having a site up on the web is also a great help for the team to look at.
    Thanks
    Dj

Editor AL likes this.