Versa slide on responsive muse

Discussion in 'Versa Slide' started by Fhabio, Mar 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fhabio

Fhabio New Member

Hello

I'm having trouble using versa slide on the new Muse
    I've downloaded the new bundle released for the new muse, but the widget seems to be broken on responsive design.

I want to use it only on mobile (breakpoints between 320~768), but even I setting it to hide on other breakpoints, the menu icon keeps showing on the edge of the screen.
    Also, when I changed the default display settings from "top left" to "top right", it started to load the menu page inside/behind the main page as a kind of "transparent overlay" , mixing all the page contents.

when this widget is going to receive a true support update for the responsive muse?

Thanks

2. OUTATIME

OUTATIME Member

I'd also really like to receive an answer for this. I posted in another thread and was advised to use responsive Muse in order to circumvent issues I was having with Versa Slide. I've spent several hours now taking that advice and redoing my whole website, and if there is no fix for the issues that Fhabio's been mentioning then I'm really not going to be a happy man.

What really gets me is how Versa Slide has been bigged up right from the very start and it's had nothing but bugs... bugs... bugs.

Please get back to us with an answer because this ain't on.

3. Kevin DuCommun

Kevin DuCommun Developer Staff Member

We are currently working on updates and compatibility fixes for several widgets including Versa Slide to address these responsive issues and other bugs. We will be pushing these updates out later this week.

4. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to add some clarity here. So big widgets like VersaSlide, Pushy Panes, etc. require really careful control over element positioning. This was easy for us with the old Muse, because everything was built on a relatively fixed size and that didn't change.

But the new Muse has really changed things. Positioning isn't as easy anymore, and with the new version still fresh out (and now a recent update) we're still catching up all our products. We did release responsive compatible versions on day one, but now after a month of seeing how users are working with them, clarifying their expectations, etc. we're doing another big round of updates.

Another great example of the major positioning changes in responsive Muse is the lack of scroll effects - it's for that exact reason they aren't available. Even Adobe knew they had a big job ahead to make FX work in Responsive Muse, and chose not to include them in V1.

Anyhow I just thought I'd share what's going on behind the scenes with this widget. We've got almost 30 bugfixes coming out in the next week, so stay tuned. We do appreciate your support and for sticking with us.

Cheers!
    SH

PatrickCarroll likes this.
  5. Roger

Roger Well-Known Member

6. Roger

Roger Well-Known Member

I just wanted to add to this a bit with a problem not mentioned.... (I do also experience the same issue Fabio has with the menu icon showing up on the edge of the screen in other breakpoints...)

Another one is that building a simple website using a full page slideshow... the "default" position of the menu icon works everywhere but "bottom right", just doesn't show up and is coincidentally where I want it.

Not a complaint... just letting you know of perhaps another issue as I know you are working on it

Thanks guys

7. OUTATIME

OUTATIME Member

I appreciate you taking the time to reply, Steve, but please understand that Versa Slide has promised an awful lot, and has delivered very little. And the fact that there's 30 bug fixes coming out doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that it will be any different this time, either.

Please forgive me for being a sceptic, and I know you guys are doing a great job otherwise, but maybe the release of Versa Slide should have been pushed back because even with 5 minutes of testing; its bugs and limitations are abundantly clear. It's really been the cause of a great deal of headache for me.

All this long before responsive Muse. And whilst Adobe might have chosen to omit scroll effects, this is nothing unusual for Adobe. They were pushing to meet the deadline for responsive Muse and knew they would lose a lot of users if they didn't deliver it on time. With Muse not being a core product, they couldn't justify using the resources they can normally rely upon to put out a 100% finished product. They cut corners. Trust me, if Muse was a core product, we'd have scroll effects plus dozens of other wonderful innovations all ready by V1. Adobe have overcome much, much greater challenges in order to put out new versions of their other products.

8. saschawolf

saschawolf New Member

i get that message when using versaslide in sites including breakpoints. any ideas? thanks, sascha

Attached Files:

9. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

saachawolf, this is something that surfaced when the new version of Muse came out.
    It shouldn't affect performance but of course you don't want a viewer worrying about something like that.
    The tram is working on finding a fix, and although I can't give you a timeline, it is known and is being worked on.
    Thank you
    Dj

10. NDavaine Studio

NDavaine Studio Member

Any Fix on this? I am having the same issue 9-8-2017???

11. NDavaine Studio

NDavaine Studio Member

Just to clarify; if I add a breakpoint to my site either on Master or Home page i get the same error as
    saschawolf.

12. DjHerold

ND,
    This widget is no longer supported. Due to various changes with Muse architecture over recent version updates, along with conflicts when used with other widgets that control page positioning, we have deprecated this widget.

We suggest using Pushy Panes ( a new Pushy Panes 2.0 beta was released on Aug 28) instead of Versa Slide. Pushy Panes was built to include the full screen functionality of Versa Slide, along with many more features.

With Responsive design, this is a far better option.
    Thanks
    Dj

13. NDavaine Studio

NDavaine Studio Member

Hey Dj, Thanks for your response. Can you tell me where do I find the Pushy Pane 1.0? Your beta version is having issues with Muse 2017.1 Release currently.

14. DjHerold

ND, unfortunately, we don't have a repository for older versions.
    I hope the new update to Muse will be very soon though.
    I haven't been hearing there is an issue with the new version, could you tell me what you are experiencing, or what leads you to believe this has a problem.
    Thank you
    Dj

15. NDavaine Studio

NDavaine Studio Member

Hey Dj. I have already sent screens shots over to Ashton in Tech Support, but basically any alteration to the State Button that comes with PushyPanes 2.0 is causing the pane to render pure black in the browser. If you add an image (.jpeg, .png, .svg) the pane goes black. I viewed it in several browsers and published the site as well to no avail. I created a new site from scratch to test break points etc. and the same results. I have also attempted to create a new state button and apply a style to it and still get the black pane. The only thing that works is modifying the existing state button with text.

16. DjHerold

ND, I was able to look at your post, and I came away with a question, so if you don't get your answer before you see this, let me know.
    I noticed that you gave your content within the widgets stock 'State Button' (the "parent pane' if you will) a Graphic Style of Pane. This is the GS of the main pane, and is what is the default of the widget.
    The content you place inside the pane does not require a GS. If you do need to give something inside the panel a GS, you should use something different.
    Try this on a new blank site/page, and this time leave the main panel named Pane, but just place your content inside the 'Pane' and don't name it.
    Let me know
    Dj

NDavaine Studio likes this.
  17. NDavaine Studio

NDavaine Studio Member

Hey Dj, I just tried it. I have screen shots if you want to see them. I put a single .png graphic into the parent stock button. It rendered a completely black pane on the web view. I deleted the the image and the pane rendered with the stock buttons / format.

18. DjHerold

ND, sorry you're still having issues.
    I might be missing what you're doing, but bare with us.
    I'm attaching a couple of screen shots. One is where I have placed two PNG's and an SVG into the default State Button for the widget (the one with the GS 'Pane'). I mention in the screen shot I "placed" the items on the canvas before I placed them into the state button (this is always a best practice).
    The only thing I did other than place the items was to delete the Close button (I didn't need it because I'm using the default close), and I moved the menu down for room.
    If I'm missing something, let me know (I'm working on way to much coffee).
    Dj
    Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG

19. NDavaine Studio

NDavaine Studio Member

Thanks Dj. One thing I did notice is that you have pushy panes on the Home Page instead of the Master. Could this be an issue caused having the widget on the Master Page?

20. DjHerold

ND, I'll need to re test on the Master (good catch). I'm not sure that's an issue, but what might be is I have reverted back to the last Version of Muse because of the issues with the last update. This may be the culprit, but I'm not sure.
    Everyone was having so much trouble, that reverting until Adobe puts out the fixed version (I hope will be soon) was the best option.
    Let me do some checking and I'll post my findings here as I get them.
    Thanks
    Dj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.