Solved URGENT: Paypal button passing invalid or incorrect data

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by iNinja, Mar 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. iNinja

iNinja Member

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

iNinja, thank you. I will pass this along to the team.
    Dj

3. iNinja

iNinja Member

4. iNinja

iNinja Member

@DjHerold have you heard back from the team?

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

iNinja, I relayed your info to the team and they said they would be looking into it.
    Unfortunately, I haven't heard back with anything stating a change or timeline.
    I am sending it again, but could I ask you also hit them up with a support ticket (resources>contact us).
    That would help.
    Thanks
    Dj

6. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

Hi @iNinja

Sorry for the wait. We've researched all of the changes to the PayPal API, and have looked through our widget code. Our widget uses the HTML embed code, which is not affected by the changes put into place on March 29th. The API changes affect other types of integrations that use custom built scripts using PayPal's API.

While the recent PayPal checkout changes do not affect the functionality of our widget, it is certainly possible that users could begin to have problems if the values used in the widget option panel are not compatible with the new PayPal changes. The new PayPal changes restrict the use of special characters in product prices. So if you have already-published sites that use the PayPal Custom Buttons widget (or even the default PayPal widget that comes with Muse), it's possible that it could have worked previously with special characters but could result in errors now. You will want to ensure that no special characters are used in the product price, such as $ or commas, and run a test transaction.

Prices should look like this: 1000.00

And NOT like this: $1,000

The link that @iNinja posted above goes over possible causes for validation issues. The only thing that really applies to our widget though is the product price.

Cheers,

7. iNinja

iNinja Member

8. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know @iNinja. And appreciate your patience.