Solved URGENT - GOOGLE MAPS WILL STOP WORKING!

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by Sitanshu Datta, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sitanshu Datta

Sitanshu Datta Member

Starting 11th June 2018, I believe Google Maps will not load on any website (Muse or Not) unless the embedded map has a valid generated "API KEY" as per the Google Maps Platform - https://cloud.google.com/maps-platform/

This is EXTREMELY WORRYING because I have loads of sites that will need to be updated within a WEEK. IT'S CRUNCH TIME! I believe they also have started a billing plan (Check Screenshots) which means they allow upto a certain limited map loads for free after which your user account is charged monthly, meaning these API Keys would ideally not be made by the developer and instead the end client. It's not the billing I am worried about but the Google Map not loading is the problem!

Considering the Muse EOL, they're unlikely to push out an update which will let us enter an API key in the Google Maps widget. Which brings me to the point - HEY MUSE-THEMES! I love you and can you please urgently push out a simple widget that can SOLVE this problem for thousands of Muse Users like me?

Not sure how many of us are aware of this latest fire that needs to be put out after the GDPR but you can read more about it on the "Google Maps Platform" website.

Also, please do let me know if I have mis-understood any of the information.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP :)

Attached Files:

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Sitanshu, I have pushed this forward to our team.
    It would help though if you place a support ticket (resources>contact us).
    Our users get the development teams attention.
    Thanks
    Dj

Sitanshu Datta likes this.
  3. Sitanshu Datta

Sitanshu Datta Member

Thank you! I shall do that right away!

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Sitanshu Datta likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.