Updating to Muse 2017

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Derrick Feole, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Derrick Feole

Derrick Feole Member

I am being prompted to update to Muse 2017... will this screw up what I have done in Muse with Musetheme widgets I have added to my pages?...
    Should I wait until I'm done with my current projects before I update?
    And if so will it be a problem to use the updated Muse later when I need to update that site?

Thanks

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Derrick, I noticed this come through our support portal, and since it's been answered by one of our team already, I thought I'd post the response here for everyone.
    ("That's a good question. In theory everything should be fine if you update, we haven't had many issues in regards to our widgets with this update but nothing is ever 100% full proof fo course. What you could do is just finish up your design using the version you have now and publish. Then update Muse and it should just convert your file over without issue, if it does mess something up at least you have your site live and done which should give you time to access the issues before you need to push any future updates live. )".
    Thanks
    Dj

3. Derrick Feole

Derrick Feole Member

Ok thanks very much...
    was also thinking of "save site as" to make another copy. If the new version causes problems I can use the old Muse version to open and continue working.

4. Derrick Feole

Derrick Feole Member

I just learned when I did the update that the new version of Muse 2017 does not allow for keeping the old version.

5. DjHerold

Derrick, that is the typical way Adobe uses their auto upload for new versions.
    I haven't found any issues so far, and haven't had any complaints about the new version.
    I'm pretty sure it is only a bug fix and usability update, as far as I can see.
    Dj

6. Derrick Feole

Derrick Feole Member

Thanks DJ
    I think I'll do the update...

I'm just about done with my web site but need to add break points.. Can you give me a link for this? I watched many video tutorials in the recent past about this but can't seem to find what I need now.

Thanks.

7. DjHerold

Derrick, the link to our responsive training is in my Signature (first one).
    There is also some really good basics on responsive on Adobes site. Even walks you through setting up their Pigeon website from scratch.
    Dj