Solved Updating the pre-release version

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by IanM, Oct 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IanM

IanM Member

I'm currently using this pre-release version: 2017.2

Should I continue to update the pre-release versions as they come out such as the latest one below?
    • Mac OS: MacOS_Max2018_684 ?

2. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Ian!
    You can do that but the shipping version will be published anyway next week.

3. IanM

IanM Member

Ok, thanks Jeremei. I'll wait for that.

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

All, please be aware, that we can't help or support any issues you encounter when you are using the Pre Release version.
    We don't make changes to our items until there is a version that's ready to ship to the public.
    We are at the mercy of how and when Adobe makes it's changes and last minute updates.
    Thank you
    Dj

5. IanM

IanM Member

One more question on this. I'm unsure how the Adobe updates work. I haven't updated to the responsive Muse yet as I was forewarned by your good selves not to do it yet and just use the pre-release version, which was excellent advice BTW.

However, I keep getting the nag reminder to update to this version from the Adobe app. Should I update now, or just wait until next week and update to the new version then? Or do I need to update now to eventually get the new version when it comes out?

6. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Ian, you don't have to update any version, but you lose whatever enhancements, new tools, bug fixes ect that happen in a new version.
    Also, when we put out new widgets, we usually code them to take advantage of a new versions changes. For example, in the last Public release, Adobe made their in house widgets responsive. This means that we can make our designed based off that new feature set.
    If you are using an older version, those enhancements don't work, neither will our newer widgets.
    As for the last Public Version 2017.1, In my opinion, that version is still broken and is affecting basic functions of muse, not to mention breaking all vendors widgets to some degree. I don't personally see the benefits with a newer version almost guaranteed soon.
    There is no doubt that Adobe has to put out an update, if nothing more than to fix the broken version they just issued.
    I suggest waiting until we see what Adobe does with Adobe Maxx about to take place, and knowing their history with releasing updates around that time. I say this because one thing that gets overlooked when updating to a known broken version, you may get the new toys but you also can develop some bad design habits by having to jury rig things until a version is fixed.
    As far as Pre Release versions and what is or isn't happening, those things shouldn't be discussed in an open forum. If you are a pre release participant you have agreed to an NDA.
    Ian, I am a bit confused though about your statement, "I haven't updated to the responsive Muse yet". I hope you meant the last public release (because 'responsive' has been out for a few stable releases to date).
    Again, this is all my personal opinion.
    Thanks
    Dj

7. IanM

IanM Member

Thanks for that info DJ and yes, I was referring to the last public release that ended up breaking Muse. Once again thanks for the info, I'll wait.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.