Solved Trouble with Carbon wireframe navigation in fluid width breakpoints

Discussion in 'Templates' started by dooalot, Sep 10, 2017.

1. dooalot

dooalot Member

Greetings

Have been wrestling with this for several days now and have searched forums, but haven't yet seen anything to help solve my problem.

I'm building a new site and used the Carbon wireframe as a starting point, specifically because it uses the Nav Pro widget.

After getting a lot of work done, I noticed issues with the navigation not working... at first it seemed to not work only on mobile breakpoints. Then after a bit of testing I realized that it specifically does not work on any breakpoint that is set to fluid width (in this case, the smallest two breakpoints of 550 and 480). If I change any of the other breakpoints to fluid with, the navigation quits working. If I change the small breakpoints from fluid to fixed... the navigation works again.

I went back to the original Carbon Wireframe file to double check and try to figure out what I might have changed from the original setup that might be causing my problem... but then I realized that even the Carbon Wireframe original file, when I preview it in the browser... has the SAME issues where the hamburger menu goes inactive in those smaller/fluid breakpoints.

Has anyone noticed this and figured out a solution?

Thanks for any help you can give. I'm happy with the way the site is coming together and would love to work out this one significant kink soon so that I can launch in the near future.

-Laura

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Laura, I suggest placing a support ticket on this (Resources>contact us), so the team can check things out. It's tough without seeing a file here in the Forum.
    Make sure you also let them see a link to your site or at least let them know what Version of Muse you are using with this site.
    As you probably know, Muse's latest release has major issues.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. dooalot

dooalot Member

Sorry, I could have posted this link, but honestly... it's something you should be able to check out simply by previewing the Carbon wireframe also. Actually I'd really be interested to know if you can confirm seeing the same problem when you open and preview the Carbon wireframe file.

Here is my link (Still in development! Not finished! Please no design suggestions at this point! ha ha)
    http://development.provationsgroup.org

I will place a support ticket.

4. DjHerold

Laura, I am not having an issue with either yours or our file. I have previewed in Browser on PC with Chrome.
    Again, be sure to mention you are using the latest version of Muse.
    I am testing on the version before this last update. (2017.0.04) This is due to the large amount of issues Muse has in that release.
    On the last version I see no issues, and until Adobe replaces this broken version (which I hope is very soon, I expect it will be), this version will cause these types of issues.
    Dj

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  5. dooalot

dooalot Member

DJ

Sorry. I'm using the latest release of Muse... but frankly, that is because it does not appear that I have a choice in the matter. When I first was playing with this site and started having trouble, I knew about the problems with Muse 2017, so i decided to try starting from scratch in the previous 2015 version (I have both installed on my machine). I even downloaded a brand new copy of the Carbon wireframe to be sure I had a clean original file to start with... but when I do that it won't let me open it in 2015. I get the message about needing the newer version.

To make sure I am not crazy, I *just* downloaded a new copy of Carbon from the MT site a couple minutes ago. When I unpack and try to open with Muse 2015, I get the error message Screen-Shot-2017-09-11-at-6.24.05-AM.jpg

I did submit a support ticket last night so I hope to hear something today. It's unfortunate because so far everything else seems to function properly.

Also I am on a Mac and have tried previewing in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari with the same issue in all three. I have previewed it on my laptop as well as my iPhone.

Thanks for your help, sorry to cause trouble :) I am sure it's something I'm doing wrong but I can't figure out what it is right now.

Laura

6. DjHerold

Laura, no worries, we are always glad to try and help.
    When I spoke about using the last version, I was having a lot of issues (as have so many others, even those from Adobe), that I couldn't wait for Adobe to get the replacement version out (which I believe will be soon).
    I reverted back to the last version 2017.0.4 by using the Technique shown in one of our latest Blog posts https://www.muse-themes.com/blogs/news/muse-2017-1-support-bug-information
    You are correct on the error with the version you are talking about, but that is way to far back to play nice with our current crop of Templates.
    Take a look at our article and see if that helps (just remember, if you make any changes always back up your Muse files first).
    And as always, keep posting.
    Dj

7. dooalot

dooalot Member

DJ

Thanks again. I had already read that article and had installed the earlier version of Muse. My error was that I was incorrectly thinking that I needed to go back to 2015 instead of just an earlier version of 2017 (I just couldn't remember which version I had most recently been on... I stay updated all the time and don't always pay attention to which number release I'm using). I'll see what I can do later today by going back only to the previous 2017 release.

You MuseThemes folks are the BEST! :)
    Laura