Solved Trigger for Video that opens in a lightbox or sth

Discussion in 'SHOW Responsive Video Suite' started by Matthias Gengenbach, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Matthias Gengenbach

Matthias Gengenbach Active Member

Hey guys,
    I'm searching for a possibility to create a responsive lightbox or sth, so that I can put a custom play button on a nice header image of my landing page. Whenever the user clicks on the button (on Desktop), I want the video to open in a fullscreen (or at least stretched) lightbox in a player. External hosting like YT or Vimeo would be great - but a local video would work aswell. Can someone help me? :)
    Regards
    Matthias

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Matthias, you could use the Media Pro Gallery with only one video.
    The issue is the placement of the play button. I am able to get the function to work, but the gallery wasn't designed to have a lot of flexibility on moving the thumbnails around.
    Dj

3. Matthias Gengenbach

Matthias Gengenbach Active Member

Hey DJ! Thanks for the reply!

I'm glad I figured out a workaround that works greatly! I placed my full width header as planned, then added a custom play button and used a lightbox (I'm not quite sure where I have it from - pretty sure it is from some musethemes widget) that darkens the complete background apart from its target area with a small opacity. I was able to place the SHOW video widget with a local file in the middle of the lightbox. Works perfectly! I'm also able to rescale the video screen for smaller breakpoints. Really glad it does the trick!

That also might solve the audio and autoplay problem that many users report - I also had it with the homepage of my actual customer. But we are both very happy with this solution.

You can check out my solution here, hope it might help ;)

http://introvertrieb.businesscatalyst.com

Regards
    Matthias

4. DjHerold

Matthias, great job, glad you were able to work it out, thanks for sharing.
    Dj

5. DjHerold

Matthias, I'm not sure what I was thinking when I answered your question above.
    I guess my head was still stuck on the old version of Media Pro Gallery.
    Version 2.1 of Media Pro Gallery 2 has an option for just your question.
    It's called the Dynamic Gallery. It allows you to place a custom button that opens a light box that can house images or video.
    sorry for the mistake.
    Dj

6. Cat

Cat Member

Hi DjHerold,
    Can you give advice on uploading video to website? I have uploaded 4 videos to separate pages now, with a link to each, but they dont seem to be loading very well. I used Sony Vegas and the file sizes are between 38KB and 63KB. Any advice would be much appreciated!

7. DjHerold

Cat, when you stated "I have uploaded 4 videos to separate pages now, with a link to each", may I ask how you loaded them?
    Are you using a widget? Is it Media Pro Gallery or another widget?
    What type of files are you using? These things, and/or some screen shots would really help find a solution.
    Thanks
    Dj

8. Cat

Cat Member

Well to be honest I've tried several different video players. Currently I'm using Essentials because it seemed the most simple and therefore hopefully easiest to locate problem.
    I've uploaded 4 videos. 2 work, 2 don't. The 2 that don't give the message "?devicelock=tablet" at the end of the url, and nothing loads at all.
    Hopefully that will mean something!

I'm using the Deep Space theme, and did wonder whether it has anything to do with the fact that this theme has 3 templates, one of which is for tablet, but there are no warnings in the assets and they don't seem to be attributed to a specific template (screenshot attached). I've checked that all the videos are loaded in the same way (all local files and all .mp4). All video and poster files are showing as 'uploads' in assets.
    Couple of things to note (don't know if it will help):
    • the 2 that do work, work perfectly when previewing in browser, but are incredibly slow and keep pausing once published;
    • when publishing again, even though no changes had been made, all 4 jpg's for the videos paused the process for quite a few seconds;
    • I have tried making the files smaller by downloading 3 of them without audio (2 of these are the ones that sort of work). The largest is now 62,603KB, which is DGDC which does have sound and is not working. The other one that is not working is only 23 seconds long but is 51,199KB. The other 2 (which are working) are both under 50,000KB. Is this a red herring?!
    The website url is www.nealscreativedesign.co.uk.

Thanks for taking a look,
    Cat

Attached Files:

9. Cat

Cat Member

You know I've just realised that I was totally out when I said the file sizes were between 38KB and 63KB!!! In actual fact they are between 38,000KB and 63,000KB! I think I need to look at Vegas and find out what on earth is going on!!!