Too much Console Log "ads"

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Allan Almeida, Jul 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allan Almeida

Allan Almeida Member

Hello Team,

First of all i'd like to thank the great work you're doing here, but i like to ask and even suggest that you remove all the console.log from your code.

Why?

We are all professional and we do offer much more than MT products, but for 'experts' that may perform a code digging, they can actually find our source and it can be frustrating on many ways.

One simple example:

You buy a image from Shutterstock but they kept some small ad or watermark and you didn't noticed that.

Do you confirm that it can sound a bit unprofessional right? Your clients may think twice before contracting you because of this.

This is a suggestion, i hope you understand my point of view.

Attached Files:

Proof likes this.
  2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Allan, this is something you will need to address with the development team.
    I suggest you place a support ticket (resources>contact us). This may or may not be possible, but here in the Community Forum, we can't provide any ideas or solution to this issue.
    Thank you for understanding.
    Dj

3. Steve Harris

Steve Harris Museologist Staff Member Moderator

Hi Allan,

Thanks for bringing this up. We actually added the console tags not as an advertisement, but to simplify our support portal process and troubleshooting. We often found that users were using old versions of widgets (but not telling us when submitting tickets to support) so we had no way of confirming their version. Adding the console tags allowed us to view which version of widget they are running easily, so we can quickly determine if a bug is just due to an outdated version (or something else).

I can definitely understand your point of view on this. Although I will admit you're the first person I've encountered who didn't like the tags being present. Maybe we should just consider removing the "MuseThemes" mention in the tags. If we just did "MT" your customers wouldn't know they came from us. That might be a solution that achieves both our goals.

Thanks again!
    SH

4. Allan Almeida

Allan Almeida Member

I've been hearing that to much these days.

I'm glad you understood this and i'm happy for choosing the right team to work with.

If you allow me to suggest one more thing.

I think that your solution can be more accurate if you just allow users to add the console.log line if they wish or need to, and for that you just need to enable a checkbox on future updates.

Example:

[v] Enable console line to help our devs to identify issues. Understand Why

console.log("Flipping Boxes - Version 1.0 - MuseThemes.com");

Nothing more to add, thanks for your fast response.

5. Allan Almeida

Allan Almeida Member

So, i forgot to ask when i guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.