TIP: Convert Folder List > Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Lance Evans, Dec 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lance Evans

Lance Evans Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Just started using this and have not read through all of the postings up here. So if this tip was already posted, my apologies for the repeat.

I have a semi large folder of images to add to the gallery and didn't want to re-type or even cop/paste each name into the spreadsheet. Ugh!

I'm on windows which makes it nutzy difficult to do this. There should be an "export contents as list" option build into Windows, but there isn't. But this works:

1. Copy the disk address path of the folder of images. Example: F:\design work\images
    2. Past this into the URL of your browser (I used Chrome) This will bring up the folder contents in your browser window.
    3. Select all you want copied (you will get stuck copying more than you actually want) and COPY.
    4. Go to a spreadsheet (I use the one in OpenOffice/LibreOffice) and PAST. Most spreadsheets will allow you to choose to only past text content, which will eliminate the dates and other numbers. Even if not, those items will be placed into a separate column anyway.
    5. Select the column with the data you want, namely, the files names. Done!

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Lance, I have not tried this method, but will when I get a few.
    Thank you for passing this onto the forum.
    Tricks and tips like this really help others.
    Thanks again
    Dj

3. Lance Evans

Lance Evans Well-Known Member

My pleasure to help where I can. You guys are so very helpful to me and the entire community. You are exemplary 3rd party developers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.