Solved Thumbnails Disappear When Using Dynamic Gallery

Discussion in 'Media Pro Gallery' started by SCitron, Feb 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCitron

    SCitron Member

    6
    0
    When I switch my gallery type from Regular to Dynamic, all my images disappear. Does anyone have this problem or know how to fix it? Many thanks!
     
  2. DjHerold

    DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

    3,415
    251
    SC, could you give us a bit more info about what you are doing when this is happening?
    Are you, for example, setting up a regular gallery, with the thumbs across the page as normal, and then switching to a Dynamic gallery?
    Anything you can tell us would help.
    Additionally, screen shots of the controller settings would really be great.
    Thanks
    Dj
     
  3. SCitron

    SCitron Member

    6
    0
    DJ, now I can't get the thumbnails to display regardless of the setting! Forget about Dynamic gallery. I can't even get Regular gallery to work now.

    I've been trying to solve this problem for the past day and can't, for the life of me, figure out what the problem is.

    Attached are some screen caps that I hope are helpful. BTW, I've watched the tutorials, checked the Troubleshooting Guide, tried the widget with a new blank site, but nothing works. Grrr.
     

    Attached Files:

  4. SCitron

    SCitron Member

    6
    0
    Just figured out what my problem has been all along. The images were named with number prefixes, e.g., 1. Waterfall, 2. Lake, etc. Once I replaced the dot and space after each number and replaced it with an underscore, everything worked as expected. Only lost 1.5 days trying to solve this problem. Wish I'd known.
     
  5. DjHerold

    DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

    3,415
    251
    Sc, I'm glad you found the reason for your issues, I know sometimes it can be frustrating.
    But this is a good learning moment for other also, so thanks for posting, even though you had to pay the price for the moment.
    Those watching this thread can learn from it.
    An often missed trouble shooting idea, is to look past just the widget or item you are laser focused on. It is often other things that cause the issue.
    In this case, one of the most overlooked traits of Muse itself is formatting, be it the use of special characters and spaces (as in your case), to text and correct font naming.
    Muse makes things easier for non coders, but it also has it's quirks that sometimes aren't expected.
    Thank
    Dj
     
  6. SCitron

    SCitron Member

    6
    0
    Another thing I learned along a similar path: Collections cannot have spaces in their names. E.g., "One, Two, Three" is fine. But "One Two, Two Two, Three Two" won't work. I had three collections and each was the first name + second name of the artist. Using this convention, I could not get the gallery to filter properly. My solution was to add (unfortunately) and underscore character between first and second names. Not the most elegant solution, but I'm happy to hear other suggestions. Thanks.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page