Solved The Mobile Menu (accordion) in the new Frost Theme doesn't scroll itself closed...

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by Sterling Williams, Feb 23, 2016.

1. I was just checking out the cool new Muse Themes Frost theme and the mobile responsive version doesn't close once it scrolls to that page menu 'section'. Of course that is odd to have to manually close each time, does anyone know of a fix (and I suggest adding to the demo permanently)?

THNKS

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Sterling, the nav is just a basic Muse accordion widget. Unfortunately, that's the way they operate. They don't auto close.
    Dj

Charlse likes this.
  3. I'm really surprised there isn't a similar option as really think that would bother people (I mean you never really see sites that require you to close the menu after clicked). of course if it went to another page there'd be no issue, but for one page scrolling must be another way yet still be smooth and coolio. Well thanks for response sir!

4. U can't seem to find where the Create New Post options is? Can you let me know plz, srry but literally can't find anywhere... I wanted to post about the Responsive Media Gallery not working correctly, it doesn't open in a lightbox, just takes me to my vimeo actual video page and it only allows me to post 5 videos. If it was an even number I could just create multiple galleries (is this allowed per page?). Man, I'm just not having much luck with Muse lately... used some museforyou.com widgets, standard,
    http://TheWebStylist.LA and it spills off on ipad/not centered. Was just going to wipe the whole site and start fresh with some Muse Theme latest widgets/library tools but having issues already. The Steve Harris vids always so spot on and look easy peeze, but I usually meet some frustration. Hope to work through it all and most def Appreciate the time and tips DjHerold.
    I'm such a hug parallax fan (especially on mobile, and now that android latest platform works with smooth parallax, the potential for creatively unique site is ma$$ive, like http://TheWebStylist.la/zerogravity but the fact there is no parallax options in new responsive Muse is killin me, broke my heart but still holding on to faith it's coming!)

5. DjHerold

Sterling, sorry you're having some issues, I know that muse can be frustrating, especially when there's a feature set you want and it doesn't work or isn't included.
    As to how to start a new thread, if you're logged on, just go into any appropriate room and in the upper right part of the forum you should see a"post new thread" button (bright orange) .
    With the self closing, we had/have a widget (accordion hover) that was made to make this happen. It's a really utilitarian widget, but we are having multiple issues with it and the new responsive Muse. I'm not a coder but it has something to do with Muses native structure not being compatible (even Adobe is having widget compatibility issues).
    Hopefully that will be revamped. But I'm not hearing anything yet.
    One thing I use from time to time is a basic composition widget, the trigger is my buttons and the target is my nav drop down. I set it to open on rollover and close on rollout of tigger and target.
    Give it a look.
    Dj

6. Yeah Dj, can not figure out why the very basic responsive site I created looks so bad on mobile (it's as if there are elements placed off the visible/screen area but there aren't)... off n on I've been building my own free style muse sites for 3 yrs and have been a huge fan from day one, when I want to blow peeps away as far as amazing unique, creative web design that zero gravity demo of mind i designed a year and a half ago always impresses bigtime. outside of that I am so often having issues... I saw 5-6 of my muse sites on 27" monitors 6 months ago and they looked terrible, had no idea for 2 yrs this was the case. So I stopped pushing muse (thewordpressninja.com is my main biz and site, but so tired of all the security issues and constant plugin and theme updates and just mass complexity of the WP files structure and custom creative limitations). I thought responsive was finally a win win only to find after watching 20 new responsive vids (thanks Steve and Muse Themes for those!) that parallax was now not possible, truly heart breaker. Then I tried the responsive MS video gallery and no matter what they wouldn't open in vimeo lightbox, instead took click to my vimeo account pages. And it would only allow 5 videos. Anyway, it's like the only way is to use a proven theme, but I'm just not a theme guy, pride myself on originality and dialing every site to the client 100. Not sure what to do as can't afford anymore downtime and guesswork but I'll keep the faith my 3 yrs of Muse luv will $till pull through.
    And for me some reason no page has any orange 'new post/thread' button anywhere (kind of fits how my Muse non-flow continues across the board) You can see in screenshot. Can you send me a screenshot of what you see when you are going to post a new thread?
    Thnks for your time (really as anyone who knows me, keep it super grateful and positive in Life but man... so much wasted time as still no real solutions solid with bright Mu$e lights ahead or anywhere near here)
    -Sterling

Attached Files:

7. DjHerold

Sterling, just a quick response before calling it a night.
    To add more than 5 vids, you can click on the controller and press Alt and drag a copy, as long as the gallery name is the same, you can add as many as you need.
    As to the troubles, I understand your frustration, but I honestly can say that 95% of the time it's something right there in front of you.
    BUT, we have had some issues (as have all widget makers) with the new muse. Adobe in my opinion, rushed to market and it's not ready for prime time.
    Having said that, when you really get stumped, place a support ticket (support>contact us). The team (although swamped) do know their stuff. Sometimes they can find a way. I've been doing Muse since ....well, lets just say, a long time. I usually can find and solve just about anything given the right amount of info, but these guys find the stuff I can't.
    Hang in there, and when this community forum doesn't have your answers, try the ticket.

Good luck,
    Dj

8. I DEF appreciate the words of encouragement and light Dj... def needed lately
    Any idea on why the responsive vid gallery not showing up in a lightbox but pulling the clicks to my vimeo account? such a cool looking widget and demo
    And did you see my screenshot how there is def no Orange Post support new thread button/can you send me a shot of what you see on your end? THNKS truly for All man, faith has been slippinnnn (my iPadPro just looks really bad, the screen size btwn a tablet and laptop so just... yeah, even with all the security/malware/constant plugin and update issues having to luv my worpress easy responsive 100 platform designs again indeed... Will keep trying 100 as all ways

9. DjHerold

Sterling, when you open a new post it needs to start in a specific forum. For example, in my attachment I am starting in the "all other widgets' category. I think you're trying to start a post from the main area.
    Dj

Capture.JPG

Sterling Williams likes this.
  10. neil rankin

neil rankin New Member

have either of you figured a way to close an accodion menu on click? it seems pretty basic that on click the menu will close.
    why would it stay open if it was clicked? its just in the way now. i understand that if you go to a new page it reloads but ther is no reason for an expanded menu to remain open once its been clicked. am i missing something?

11. DjHerold

neil, not sure if I'm understanding, so let me ask a question.
    Are you saying that when you click the accordion "trigger', the widget opens , 'shows target'? But when you click it again it doesn't close?
    I understand that an accordion doesn't close on roll over but it should close when you re click the 'trigger'.
    Dj

12. neil rankin

neil rankin New Member

it doesn't close when i hit one of the buttons. it opens and closes like an accordion. however if you click a menu item the menu stays expanded until you click it to close. i think if you click one of the buttons it should close the menu.

13. DjHerold

neil, this is something that everyone has wanted from Muse, but they have not yet added this functionality to their composition widget (which is what a lot of widgets are started from.
    We have a widget called the Accordion Hover widget. Our team has started trying to recreate this widget for the new responsive Muse because the new parameters make it's function and interaction with other widget erratic.
    We hope to make this work in the near future, but we are not alone, anyone designing widgets in the new Muse is struggling with this issue.
    Dj

14. neil rankin

neil rankin New Member

ok gotcha. Thanks for the fast reply!

15. Matthias Gengenbach

Matthias Gengenbach Active Member

Hey Mr. Herold,

first of all: Thanks for your quick help and the great work. In your last reply you mention the Accordion Hover widget. As I suffer from the exact same issue as the creator of this thread (Frost Template with mobile menu that doesnt close when I click on a link to an anchor on the one page) I wanted to try your widget. I created a graphic style and configured everything properly, I even didn't use a menu form on my site (only textboxes with links to the different anchors). But when I preview my site, my accordion won't pop up / appear at all. Is this widget even suitable to create a menu that at least disappears when i tap anywhere in my mobile browser - I understand that yet the accordion won't close when I tap or click on my menu point...

16. DjHerold

Matthias, Thank you for the kind words.
    Unfortunately, my response about the accordion hover widget was to the poster just before you, and a bit different because he didn't talk to Mobile. One of the drawbacks to multiple conversations in a post that are close, but not exactly the same.
    The accordion hover widget isn't supported for Mobile. With touch devices, there is no cursor to hover over the trigger.
    Now, having said that, can you give me a bit more on how you've set the widget up. If it's on a desktop it should function fine. As I stated, we are having some issues with the new version of Muse and the widget, but they tend to be compatibility issues with other widgets mostly.
    If you could give me some screen shots of how you've set up the widget, you GS naming ect, that would help.
    Dj

17. quietghostdesign

quietghostdesign Member

Hey Sterling,

I share your frustration with the accordion widget. I think it's about time Muse added the ability to auto-close this composition widget when hitting anchor points. Though, the fact that they've already released responsive Muse, and didn't ship new responsive composition widgets with this version, makes me think that there will be an update soon with new ones.

However, and you may have already know this, but I figured out a workaround to create an accordion style drop-down menu, that retracts when hitting anchors. I used the lightbox widget from muse-themes for quick setup (you can of course also do this via muse itself with the lightbox composition widget), and made the appropriate changes within the settings to force the menu to retract.

One caveat to this workaround, is that you're not actually using the lightbox, you'll be selecting "scattered" position. This will create a block that appears on screen, without a background. You can place the block wherever you'd like. For me, I placed it directly below the menu bar to create an accordion drop-down feel. Once you select scattered for your position, apply the following settings: show target: on click, hide target: on rollout. I also selected triggers on top, and to hide all initially. All other settings can remain unchanged.

You can see this working on a site I've just finished - http://sevenridges.businesscatalyst.com

One other thing to point out is that you will not have functionality of this widget when previewing in, say, responsive design mode in Safari, or any other emulator. When you click menu, it will drop, but will immediately disappear, because it thinks you've "rolled out".

Hope this helps!

18. Charlse

Charlse New Member

I've got the same problem too.

19. kijani

kijani Member

Same problem here with the frost theme plus my mobile site loads in the middle of the page rather than at the top. The menu pinned to the top appears in the correct place the page items in the middle of the page appear directly beneath and I have to scroll to the top. Spent over 3hr already today trying to fix this. Still no joy and to top it all the form doesn't work on mobile.

20. kijani

kijani Member

As a newbie to Muse responsive I downloaded your template thinking it would help me learn. A bit unfair of you guys to have templates for sale with known bugs, which I don't find out until hours later.