Solved The Build Template

Discussion in 'Templates' started by Jamie, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Jamie

Jamie Member

I am finding the footer missing in the Build template at the smallest breakpoint when published. Has anyone else got the same problem?

2. Carsten Læø

Carsten Læø Member

Hi i dont have the same problem, but another one. Everytime i try to change some of the name in the menu i get an error and muse turns down. Its there anyone there can tell me have to fix this issue?

Attached Files:

3. Carsten Læø

Carsten Læø Member

I found a solution:
    Please right-click on that text box and select "copy text formatting to > All breakpoints"

Now please check if Muse crashes or not.

4. Susi

Susi New Member

This is probably a very beginner-type question. How can I change the page names in the navigation? My understanding was that when I change the page name, the change could/should also show up in the navigation menu. However this is not the case. What am I doing wrong?

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Susi, in this template, the navigation is with text linked to the appropriate page.
    The only time you can change the name of the page in the plan mode and have it change the nav is when a dynamic menu widget is used, like the default menu in the Muse program.
    In this template you want to highlight the page name (on the master page), make you name change and give the new name (while still highlighted) the link to the page you are changing.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

6. Susi

Susi New Member

Great, thank you!
    One more question: I placed a logo on the master page where there was the logo before. I did not use replace, but placed it with "Apple Key" + "D". Now the logo is not fixed on the navigation bar, but moves when scrolling, which is not what I want. How do I fix that?

7. DjHerold

Susi, that would be with standard pinning.
    Dj

8. James007

James007 Active Member

I am also having this frequent issue with the Build template. This is a very frustrating and annoying issue.

I have found that if I apply this fix to ALL of the text boxes in the Build template, it will stop crashing:
    Please right-click on that text box and select "copy text formatting to > All breakpoints"

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  9. pempol

pempol New Member

How add for example image for 1200px , and 960px resolution ? but not display the same image on phone resolution . When I add element he is everywhere and then when I delete on 300px phone res. they gone away from the rest of resolution pages

10. DjHerold

pempol, if I'm understanding you correctly I believe you need to be 'Hiding and Showing' in specific break points.
    The new Muse allows you to hide something in all other breakpoints than the one you are in, and also Show something in a specific break point that doesn't show in others. It takes a bit of getting used to but is very effective in the new responsive world.
    You can find the means to do this by right clicking and choosing hide in other break points, or in the menu area, object>hide in other breakpoints ect.
    I would look into the uses for this on the Muse site for their documentation.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

11. pempol

pempol New Member

Yes ! Thank You :)

12. Carla Stokes

Carla Stokes New Member

In the 320 Breakpoint, the foot information does not stay in the footer and moves all over the page. On the other breakpoints if you adjust the footer on the individual pages the footer information moves with it but not in the 320 breakpoint. How can this be fixed?

13. DjHerold

Carla, since this is an old thread, and the issues the original poster had have been resolved, could I ask that you post a new thread for your issue.
    It would really help if you could post some information on how you've set things up. Possibly some screen shots of the layout and settings.
    Thank you.
    Dj