TEXT misalignment outside widget?

Discussion in 'Pushy Panes' started by marcelt, May 31, 2017.

1. marcelt

marcelt Active Member

I just started testing pushypanes for a tight deadline and immediately discovered alignment issues appearing in elements outside the widget. Hoping for some immediate guidance otherwise I might have to abandon this direction.

I started a new fluid site. Added a couple of shapes and text elements. I then added pushypanes, made a couple visual adjustments and tested. First thing I noticed is that the text elements 'outside' pushypanes seems to have wonky spacing (note, the text box is supposed to be the height of the black box, the graphic is simply a background svg)

(within muse)
    upload_2017-5-31_9-25-58.png

(within firefox 53.0.3)
    upload_2017-5-31_9-26-40.png

If I remove pushypanes;

(within firefox 53.0.3)
    upload_2017-5-31_9-27-25.png

All other text elements suffer the same fate. It appears to me that the top padding is being ignored, I just don't know why, and can't proceed as a result;

upload_2017-5-31_9-28-23.png

Just to rule out the background image, here's another instance without;

(within muse)
    upload_2017-5-31_9-31-0.png

(within firefox 53.0.3)
    upload_2017-5-31_9-31-22.png

If I remove pushypanes;

(within firefox 53.0.3)
    upload_2017-5-31_9-31-46.png

thoughts? solution?

Attached Files:

2. marcelt

marcelt Active Member

more examples on the text alignment issues. accordions and basic text boxes;
    in muse;
    upload_2017-6-1_8-35-43.png
    in browser;
    upload_2017-6-1_8-36-30.png
    in browser without pushy panes;
    upload_2017-6-1_8-35-26.png

I clearly can't work with this :-( Is the patch coming in the next couple days?

3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

marcelt, I see you have placed a support ticket and one of our team is working with you.
    Could I ask that when the results are worked out, that you also post them here for others who may have the same issue.
    As far as the new version of PP coming soon, I don't see that happening for a while. If I get a heads up on when, I will let you know.
    Dj

4. marcelt

marcelt Active Member

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

marcelt, yes I saw that. The new redesigned widget is something the team is pushing to get out, but as I stated in the other post, I don't think it's going to be just a few days coming.
    Thank you for your patience and assistance.
    Dj

6. marcelt

marcelt Active Member

FYI for anyone following this issue. MT support got back to me after reviewing my files and couldn't find a resolution. As such they've submitted it as a bug to development and suggested 'it could take some time to look into'.

I personally have to abandon pushy panes now since due to this problem there's no way I can work around it :-(

NOTE to the Muse Themes team: I'm a relatively new subscriber, and admittedly don't use 3rd party widgets much, but it's my short experience that 90% of the widgets I've tried have one limitation or another, all of which end up being a show stopper. Point is I'm not getting much value for my buck :-( I'm still excited about the possibilities and will stick around in hopes of improvement.