Text animation widget is not working for me.

Discussion in 'General Muse' started by Joe Segal, Apr 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Joe Segal

Joe Segal Member

Hello Musers! Musniks, Musaholics,

I placed the text animation widget Headliner 1.2 on my site page and set the animation and style variables and no text appears on preview.

Ideas? Suggestions?
    I'm using the Chrome browser.

Thanks,
    Joe

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Joe, look at the widgets product page (where the download and video tutorial is), make sure you have the latest version of the widget.
    Also, always test it on a new blank page/site first. This I recommend because the product page also list other widgets that don't work with this widget.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. Joe Segal

Joe Segal Member

DjHerold, thanks. I'm using Ver 1.2 downloaded recently via the bundle download.
    It does not work on a blank page either.

4. DjHerold

Joe, I am not having an issue, so let's try this. Post a screen shot of your design layout and your flyout settings. Also, if possible, include a shot of your Paragragh Styles panel. (see my attachment).
    Dj

Capture.JPG

5. Steve L

Steve L Member

Hi there,
    I am also experiencing issues with Headliner widget, I've simply made 4 paragraph styles, and once I play with the animation settings it becomes erratic or only shows 2 of the 4 styles weirdly, and then stops even though I have the "enable looping" turned on.
    All I am trying to do is slow it down a bit. See image below :
    Headliner issues.jpg
    They all work if I leave the settings on default, although erratic timing ensues. As soon as I change anything, the third and fourth styles are no longer working at all.
    Any ideas? I'm almost ready to give up on this widget I think.
    Any help greatly appreciated
    Steve.
    PS using most recent bundled (responsive) version of widget 1.3 and latest Muse CC 2015.1.2.44

6. DjHerold

Steve, I am unable to replicate your issue. I set up a new blank page/site. I used your settings on my text boxes. I also styled up my text with shadows (just in case something like that might cause an issue) and still it worked fine.
    Is there anything else you might be able to tell me what you're seeing?
    Dj

7. Steve L

Steve L Member

Thanks for getting back to me,
    Firstly I should point out I'm working on a PC not a mac, I have tried viewing the page preview in all 3 browsers, chrome, firefox and edge.
    They all do the same thing if I play with settings, stop after the first 2 words or behave strangely. There are some other muse theme widgets running in the background, namely: Carousel Slider and the Full Video Background. Although I have actually tried removing the video and slider, which didn't help. Don't think this one is going to work, well not on a pc.
    I don't have the time to do another demo video of what's happening.
    I think I'll just put in a support ticket. Thanks again.

8. calipimousse

calipimousse Well-Known Member

I just wanted to add that I am having the same problems. I am on a pc and can not get the widget to work. I have done the cross check by just dropping everything on a new site (so blank of styles) recreating everything and still nothing. If anyone has found a solution i would love to hear from you guys!

9. DjHerold

calipi, I am also on a PC and am having no issues with a new blank site/page.
    I'm going to send you a PM and give you a way to send me your test file (where it's not working" and if you want, send it to me and I'll try to see what's up.
    Dj

10. calipimousse

I have sent you a mail yesterday not sure you got it?

11. DjHerold

Calipi, yes, I've been inspecting it as we speak.
    What I just discovered is you've changed the paragraph tags (not the naming styles) in the Text panel from paragraph to H1.
    What this does is tell Muse your paragraph styles are different and over looks them.
    Try setting the tags back to paragraph.
    That seems to fix things.
    Dj

12. calipimousse

Thank you DjHerold, you were right the H1 tags seem to stop the headliner widget from working. (Which is strange) For me the problem has been fixed. Thanks again.

13. Mark G

Mark G Member

Im having similar problems. I can get it to tower on a new blank page but it will not work within my web front page. Weird. screen capture attached. Im trying to get Test1 and Test2 to work - they just stay static

Attached Files:

14. Mark G

Mark G Member

Sorry -- I am trying to get Test2 and Test3 to change

15. DjHerold

Mark, from your screen shot, it look like you've grouped all the text boxes AND the widget and have given it a paragraph style.
    Is that correct?
    Dj

16. Mark G

Mark G Member

Actually -- I was able to get it to work (i wasn't doing anything wrong) by just reloading the web site template and then adding it. Something must have conflicted with it before. When in doubt -- either kick the tires or just unplug it and reboot )

17. DjHerold

Mark, glad you were able to get it going.
    Good luck
    Dj

18. Steve L

Steve L Member

Update...
    Well, I put in a support ticket and they've either forgotten me or completely ignored me.
    Bit frustrated now. I did actually do a video of what happens and sent it on their file upload site with a muse file etc.
    Hope they find time to have a look as it's a real shame I can't use Headliner.
    Here's the video of what happens to the text, first two work fine and then the next 3 are just gone and it never repeats again.

Not sure where to go from here though?

19. Douglas Lord

Douglas Lord Member

I can't get it to work on a new site. I have it on an old site that I built 3 years ago and it works there. If I copy and paste the text and the widget for the old site on the new site it does not work on the new site. It is a great widget if only it would work.

20. DjHerold

Douglas, I need to point out, this is a pretty old thread, and the widget was updated after the last post.
    What would really help would be to know what you've done, what steps you've taken, maybe some screen shots, are you using the latest version, what version of Muse are you using ect.
    I know when things don't work you can get frustrated, but anything you can supply will help us help you.
    Thanks
    Dj