Text and hero image do not move together

Discussion in 'Dynamic Slide' started by Steven Farber, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Steven Farber

Steven Farber Member

I am using Dynamic Slider and I have unchecked full-screen mode. I have my hero image sized the way I want it. I used your examples and simply changed the images and text. I adjusted the affects a little as well. When I publish and view the site, it looks OK, but then when I scroll, the text stays pinned to the browser window, while the rest of the site (including the hero image) scrolls. So my text then appears over the rest of the page as you scroll. What am I doing wrong? I have checked and neither part is pinned using the Muse tools above.

Here is a link to the page I am working on:

http://meyer-homes-stl.com/index.html

2. Norman Durkee

Norman Durkee Well-Known Member Moderator

Hey Steven, Great question! And my apologies for the confusion. So the issue you are running into is that the Dynamic Slidshow widget is not designed to be used in this manner, it is designed to be a full screen slideshow and the only element on the page, as you will see if you drag a fresh version of the widget onto the canvas without modifying its sizing, it is full screen and remain fullscreen even when new elements are added, as this is the intended behavior for the widget.

3. Steven Farber

Steven Farber Member

Thank you so much for your reply! I really appreciate your answer, however, according to the how-to video and the widget documentation, you can also use it without the full-screen set up. It is now an option, which I deselected as per the instructions. So, I guess then, that although the option is there, it is really not able to be used? (not questioning your knowledge, just wondering why they have the option if it isn't usable?)

Please look at the video at the 5:10 mark. Thanks!

https://www.muse-themes.com/products/dynamic-slide