Tabs & Tooltips - Toolbox

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by Raffe Bergwall, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raffe Bergwall

Raffe Bergwall New Member

I have 2 questions about this widget.

1) If different amount of content in every tab, the height of the Toolbox is adjusted to the tab with the most content. And the next section in the "flow" under the tabs ie a contact form, comes first after the tab with the most content. But what if I would like the contact form to come after the content on each tab? Not the toolbox that stretches to the tab with the most content. The whole section with background and everything including the contact form will be adjusted to the amount of content on the tabs.

Perfect example: http://www.rosebudkitchen.com/

Under the "The Menu" (what they serve) section comes a blue section with the title "Honest Food & Drink". If you click on the first tab "Brunch" on "The Menu" and scroll down to the blue section and then click on "Late Night" on "The Menu" and scroll down - you see that "Late Night" has less content than "Brunch" and therefor the blue section "Honest Food & Drink" comes right after the content and is adjusted to the height of the content of that tab.

I can't get that to work in "Tabs & Tooltips - Toolbox"

2) How to select the starting tab? Now the last tab is auto selected when loading the page.

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Raffe, if I'm understanding your question correctly, you want the selected 'Menu' item to show and depending on the amount of content, push the page content below the 'Button' down appropriately.
    I don't believe this can be done with a widget like this one, a widget that's based on Muse's default Composition widget.
    The composition doesn't push content down, so the size of one target area is the size of all content area's.
    The stock tabbed panel widget in Muse, adjusts like you're looking for, but it doesn't push content down either.
    That leaves the Accordion widget, which our 'Dalton Drop Down' widget (in Tabs and Tooltips), is based on. This can push down the content if you can live with the 'Tabs or Buttons' being stacked rather than across the page, like your example.
    What I suggest is our 'Rapid Reveal' widget. It allows you to do what your looking for and much more.
    Take a look at the video on the widgets page and see all the things you can do with this widget. It can be customized to your liking.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

3. Raffe Bergwall

Raffe Bergwall New Member

Hello again,

I don't think your suggestion of using "Rapid Reveal" is the best widget to do a food menu like the one at http://www.rosebudkitchen.com/

But thanks for you support,

Raffe Bergwall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.