Tablet version not being recognized? Versa issue or no?

Discussion in 'Versa Slide' started by sasegars, Mar 30, 2016.

1. sasegars

sasegars Well-Known Member

If I have all three versions of my site -- shouldn't the menu name in the versa slide be three different names?

I can't determine what the issue is here?

The desktop and phone version seem fine, the tablet version seems to be picking up only the desktop version?

candopro.net

Help?

2. sasegars

So CONFUSED!!!

Now it seems that neither the phone nor tablet version are appearing? The desktop version is appearing on the phone and ipad.

Help????

candopro.net

3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

sasegars, could you give us a bit more to go on than it's not working. We really can't help without knowing all the particulars, Muse version, fixed or responsive design. How have you laid the widget out, multiple instances, multiple pages.....all these things can make a huge difference.
    Thanks In advance.
    Dj

4. sasegars

I started working from the Fresh theme, so it's based on that. I understood that this could not be a responsive site, so I didn't work as if it were (using the Fresh theme).

I created all three versions, desktop, tablet and phone.

I published today to my site domain (candopro.net), and cannot determine why the phone nor tablet version works (meaning that on a tablet or phone -- they both show the desktop version)?

I'm not sure where to go from here?

What specifics should I add here?

5. DjHerold

Sasegars, OK, lets sstart here, did you replace the Version of the widget that came with the template. I haven't chacked for a few weeks, but I believe that the template was never changed out.
    Dj

6. sasegars

Here is a video of the layouts -- is this helpful?

7. sasegars

version of the widget? how do i check this?

8. DjHerold

sasegars, that's what I'm talking about. I love it when you give me that information. I know I can't expect a video all the time, but you make me happy when I get them.
    OK, first, take a look at the version of your widget. (see attachment). If I'm not mistaken the version that it came with originally was never changed. So, let's try that for starters.
    Then I want to make sure I'm clear, you are using a fixed Desktop, and you are making fluid versions of the phone and tablet???
    Dj

9. sasegars

10. sasegars

And all 3 versions are fixed width

11. DjHerold

12. DjHerold

sasegars, first, I noticed that on one of your tablet pages you have the old version as well as on the Mobile version. You need to replace both. I don't know yet about the issue with having the tablet set to fluid. It may be the reason.
    Also, go to your File>Site properties and make sure on the phone and tablet version that 'Redirect from Desktop is checked.
    Dj

13. sasegars

What is the current version of Versa Slide?

14. DjHerold

sasegars, as you noted in your video, version 1.0
    But I saw in the video you had one old version in the tablet and two in the mobile.
    You can always check the version on the widgets page or in the update log that's in my signature and also on the widget pages.
    Dj

15. sasegars

thank you DJ I think it's working now ok -- i'll let you know in just a bit if not,