Tablet Nav - Lightbox: is there a desktop option?

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by Joshua Janes, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Joshua Janes

Joshua Janes New Member

Ok, so here's what I'm trying to do. I want to add a lightbox window to my home page that will contain a Mail Chimp newsletter sign up, type and graphics when you click a link on the page.

The Tablet Nav - Light box widget is perfect for this, but no matter what I do I can't get rid of the pink hamburger menu button or control it's placement on the page.

Here's some screen shots of what I was going for and the problem I'm having.

So below I want the red box to be the button. I removed the pink hamburger menu button from the fill in the widget, but it still continues to show up and move about the page when resizing. I tried filling that object with color or leaving it transparent and got the same result.

[​IMG]

Below is what you get when you click the button.
    This works perfect. Exactly what I am looking for. A fully function Mail chimp form embeded inside the lightbox pop-up with custom graphics and the user never leaves the page.

[​IMG]

I searched all through the site for something similar for desktops, but had no luck. I'm sure the fact this widget is built for tablets is the main problem, but I didn't come across anything that functioned in a similar way? All other light box pop-ups only let you choose images and the menu sliders all were locked down to just links and type.

If you guys have any ideas I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks.

2. Norman Durkee

Norman Durkee Well-Known Member Moderator

I just tried to do what your describing with the Tablet Nav Widget and I can see how its being difficult to achieve what your goal is. Might I suggest trying the Mobile Menu - Classic Lightbox it's easier to work with and you can simply delete out the hamburger menu from the button and drag your own into it. As well as you can position it exactly where you would like it on the screen.
    If you have any question or need any help with the setup please feel free to ask.

Menu - Classic Lightbox - http://www.muse-themes.com/products/mobile-menu-classic-lightbox

3. Joshua Janes

Joshua Janes New Member

Hey thanks Norman,

Well I scrapped what I had this morning and just went to the default muse widgets to the generic composition lightbox widget. It looks like it will do exactly what I wanted to do. I always forget to go back and just check out the default library. I'll post a link when I get it set up for people to check out who are interested in how it come out.

Thanks again!

4. Norman Durkee

Glad you found a fix Joshua! Yah sometimes I forget there are default widgets that can get the job done as well lol.
    Sounds good look forward to seeing the final product! Your welcome and again, anymore questions feel free to ask.

5. Joshua Janes

Joshua Janes New Member

Hey Norman, Ok, so I got the newsletter lightbox form working how I wanted... I hope.
    Man, I knew what I wanted and even realized some stupid mistakes I had been making, but I finally got there. Just a lot of walking in circles for a bit.

Ok so here's a link the the homepage of my LDMC graphic novel site.
    http://www.lostdogsmc.com

If you click on the red post for subscribing to the newsletter a lightbox should pop up. Then it can be filled out and submitted or cancelled without leaving the page.

Appreciate your opinion, if you notice anything that isn't working right or just doesn't make sense.

Thanks
    Josh

6. Norman Durkee

Just checked it out, very nice! I like the details that went into making this the site flows well and does an awesome job of keeping the same feel throughout. The mail chimp sign up works beautifully as well. Also one small thing that I really thought worked well and looked very cool was the drop shadow that fallows your mouse on the top of the site, very nice touch.