Table connect doesnt update in real time and stay cached

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Zivo, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Zivo

Zivo Member

Hi All

A table i made for client to update, doesnt update in real time, not even with shift + F5
    my client is worried that a user wont see the updated content in the second time he will visit the website

URL
    http://zivo.co.il/tonisity16/distributors.html

Any solution?

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

TiVo, could you provide a bit more info, maybe your Muse version, widget version, csv file or Google sheets ect.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. Zivo

Zivo Member

Hi Dj

Sorry i though you can get it from the URL

Muse v 2017.0
    Table Connect v1.3
    Google sheet

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Thanks, it always helps. Even though some things can be found through a URL, some users here (and remember this is a community forum, not the support portal) don't check that when trying to help.
    The first thing I'd ask you to try is to update to the newest version of the widget. It's now at 1.4 and has been a bit more optimized.
    Thanks
    Dj

5. Zivo

Zivo Member

Hi
    My version is 1.4 i was confused with a different widget of yours

I tried view it in Chrome Incognito mode and it is updated, but even today 3 days later the table is not update in the regular chrome tab
    the local storage set to "do not store" -

i cleared the cookies of my browser and it updates, but you can't expect users to clear cookies every time,

any solution?

BTW: When viewed in Firefox not matter the size of the table, content or window the table is in mobile mode with the green (+)
    can you please let check. I reported it to the support but haven't got any update regarding

Thank you for your replay and patience

6. SHutson

SHutson New Member

Hi folks,
    As a new user I can confirm following...and will raise support ticket when I figure out how to do that!

- Muse 2018.0 (PC and Mac versions)
    - Table Widget 1.4 (and others in Connected Series)
    - "Permanent" turned OFF and ON during testing
    - All testing done on new, empty pages
    - Hosting on GoDaddy and Adobe

The widget gives a "conversion notice" upon install.
    Converted widget with all defaults works as expected.
    Converted widget can be switched to .csv default files, and will still display sample data. (fallback mode?)
    Changing values in the csv data does NOT update in either preview or hosted mode.
    Followed video for Google Sheets to copy, publish as .csv (and share), but changes to the Google sheet do NOT update in either preview or hosted mode.

SOME of the other "Connected Series" widgets show same behavior. HOWEVER, in those cases RENAMING the csv file forces a reload and the widgets will then show updated data.

Zivo likes this.