Table Connect Column Wrapping

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by Lambeth, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Lambeth

Lambeth Member

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Lambeth, when you are referring to the last column 'wrapping', are you talking about it not showing?
    I'm on an older ipad, and I can't see the last column.
    This, on the surface looks like a sizing or breakpoint issue?
    Dj

3. Lambeth

Lambeth Member

Yes, it is not showing on my laptop or iPad, however it is showing on my desktop computer. The column header is "Owner".
    What settings would you suggest for the breakpoint or sizing? Resized is set to Responsive Width.
    thanks

4. DjHerold

Lambeth, I'm assuming this is a Fluid site? Could you tell me or show a screen shot of what you have you breakpoints set at?
    Thanks
    Dj

5. Lambeth

Lambeth Member

this is a screen shot of the master page. Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 1.12.52 PM.png

6. DjHerold

Lambeth, make a test copy of your site and try adding a Breakpoint at 768 (Master, to make sure all is working with your fixed items. And on the page with the Table, to size it better for the ipad).
    If that works and the issue is gone, and there isn't a design reason for the 829 BP, also try removing that and see if the site looks good to you (just a design suggestion).
    Let me know
    Dj

7. Lambeth

Lambeth Member

Thanks DjHerold, I tried your suggestion and it didn't fix the issue. This is from my laptop running Safari.
    Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 2.07.25 PM.png

8. Lueschi

Lueschi Member

modeller.ca likes this.
  9. Lambeth

Lambeth Member

Lueschi,
    I'm not much help but here is what I see.
    I've looked at your page with Chrome, Firefox, and Safari all on a Mac desktop.
    Chrome - no wrapping
    FireFox - the second table is wrapping
    Safari - no wrapping but the first table is bouncing up and down

On my laptop
    Chrome - no wrapping
    Firefox - page hangs when loading
    Safari - the second table is wrapping
    I'm not sure if the problem lies in the break points or the scripts on the server or what? I have had issues with Table Connect from the start.

10. DjHerold

Could I ask that one or more of you place a support ticket on this (resources>contact us).
    I'm seeing the same as Lambeth on yours Lueschi.
    Here's the issue if something like this comes up, without our team seeing the file, it's difficult to know what the design entails.
    For example, the two of you are using different versions of Muse. Now where that may not be an issue in this case, it does show that there are subtle differences in each design.
    Thanks
    Dj

11. modeller.ca

modeller.ca Member

there is definitely something wrong with version 1.4 I am getting the same problem with column widths, one column in hidden on load, How do I control the column width in v1.4 v1.4.png live using 1.0.png

12. modeller.ca

modeller.ca Member

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 3.49.50 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 3.50.01 PM.png
    here are a couple more screen shots of my tests I added a border and a fill to show what is happing. On load the table is too wide for its div and then when I drag out the browser it fits , so there must be some problem with setting the padding and margins on load