Table Connect and in cell links

Discussion in 'Connect - CSV Widgets' started by MikeG, Jul 25, 2017.

1. MikeG

MikeG New Member

I have a couple of tables of data. A column is set up to include cells, each with a link to a report contained in a web page. I can't figure out how to do this. Kindly point me in the correct direction. Thanks.

2. Daniel M Schwartz

Daniel M Schwartz New Member

I would like to do the same. Using the Insert > Link from the tool bar and using top menu bar Insert > Link, does work in the Google Doc Excel file Link text does send me to the new web page). But hyper link does not carry over to the refreshed web page in Safari. I also am not able to format column of text to be center align using the same tools (Tool bar or Format >...).

Issue resolved for link. I needed to paste in the link code as plain text.:)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Guys, since there has been no response here, I suggest placing a support ticket (resources>contact us), and let the team take a look at your files.
    This at least will give you a better idea on what they see.
    Thank you
    Dj

4. MikeG

MikeG New Member

I did submit a ticket 3 days ago but as yet have not received a reply from Support.

5. DjHerold

Mike, I see your ticket in the system, and it looks like it's one of the next inline. Sorry for the delay, we like to answer at least in a day or so, but the last two weeks seem to have been extremely heavy in support.
    I will put a word in with the team.
    Thanks
    Dj

6. Lueschi

Lueschi Member

Hi there

I also have problems with linking text in cells. Is there a possibility to link internal sites with the text and image HTML link generator?
    Before adding a link to google docs it works fine, but with a link the box seems to be to small…

Thank you

Attached Files:

7. Daniel M Schwartz

Daniel M Schwartz New Member

Lueschi, not totally understanding your question, but I did find a solution to my issue I posted in July. Easier to to post visual then to explain. See attached Hope this helps.
    link_in_table_01.png link_in_table_02.png

8. Lueschi

Lueschi Member

Thanks Daniel

After testing both of the table connect widgets it seems that there’s a bug in version 1.4 and had nothing to do with my problem as you can see here:

http://testtableconnect.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

Version 1.4 does not expanding the cell 1, altough theres enough space.

9. DjHerold

Lueschi, I have posted to your same question in another thread asking if you have placed a support ticket (resources>contact us) and if not, suggesting you do, before we can say this is a Bug.
    Then posting the results here can help others.
    Thank you
    Dj