Syntax error, unrecognised expression:#lg=animal&slide=2

Discussion in 'Media Pro Gallery' started by Diane, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Diane

Diane New Member

Can anyone help with this ...keep getting error message when previewing slideshow on Media Pro Gallery 2.0
    javascript exception: Error calling selector function: Error: Syntax error, unrecognised expression:#lg=animal&slide=2

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Diane, could you post a couple of screen shots of your widget loader settings?
    A glimpse of how it is set up would really help.
    Thanks
    Dj

3. Diane

Diane New Member

Attached Files:

4. DjHerold

Diane, I have been talking with another team member on your issue, he has a similar case with another user.
    We are waiting on the other users file, and I will post back here with his results (whether we find anything or not) and let you know.Thanks for your patience.
    Dj

5. DjHerold

Diane, while we are waiting to look at that other file, could you try a something for me.
    I noticed you have some very long image names, as well as ones with special characters and spaces in them.
    Could I get you to make a copy (for caution sake) and change the names of your images to something simple like, lion, lion1 or wildcat.
    One thing that Muse doesn't like is names with special characters and other naming issues.
    And as another precaution, look at your collections naming as well as the Graphic style names. Just keep them simple.
    Thanks
    Dj

6. Diane

Diane New Member

Hi DJ
    Thank you so much for this...I did pick up the point about special characters on another forum post and got rid of inverted commas in titles. I will look to simplifying the file names though before uploading. Another point I noticed that the filtering on Gallery Pro does not allow spaces to give 2 word categories, i.e. Wild Animals....so I have had to abbreviate to Wild. To achieve extended titles is a _ necessary?

7. DjHerold

Diane, to your naming question, yes, it's a good idea to use a _ when separating words. I even suggest that when all else fails give a - a shot. I'm finding that works in the newer widgets also.
    Thanks
    Dj