SVG Animator

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by asifnm, Oct 1, 2016.

1. asifnm

asifnm Well-Known Member

The SVG animator is a good idea but why or why does the bounding box of the widget not resize to the actual SVG, For instance below are the original svg in illustrator and the svg in the animator widget, and as you can see the bounding box is not sticking to the aspect ratio, seems to be making it's own up mind each time it's resized. and also there is another peculiar behaviour which pulls up any elements directly below the widget on the page when it's loading and then pushes them down again. It's a real shame because this is a potentially really good widget that seems to work (not perfectly) on all the devices and browsers I've checked so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

asifnm, I may be missing your issue, so bare with me.
    I'm attaching two screen shots. One is the SVG in the widget, and the SVG 'placed' in Muse next to it. And the other is the In Browser preview of the way they both show.
    I have heard of the elements below causing an issue, so I just did a basic couple of rectangles to see how they react. They didn't move (I may be being to basic in my interpretation) when the SVG was rendered.
    Is there anything more you can add or show.
    Dj

Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG

3. asifnm

asifnm Well-Known Member

I thought I was clear but.. If I bring in an svg that is 100px by 100px (in illustrator) into the widget the bounding box (in blue in my screenshot) will suddenly change to 123px by 135px, it does not keep the ratio and the size of the actual svg seems to be randomly resizing. If I want the svg to be 50px x 50px and resize it as such it will not stay that way. Resizing seems to be random

Pete likes this.
  4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

asifnm, I did understand what you were saying, but I wasn't having the same issue, that's why I asked.
    I did however create another svg and found that your finding are correct. The widget seems to add additional size to the SVG.
    Although I could place and size the SVG on my page, I like you, am not sure why that needs to be done.
    I will take this to the team and see if there is a reason the aspect ratio should be changing.
    I also will ask if it has anything to do with the difference between IE using PT's nad Muse using PX's.
    Thanks for finding this
    Dj

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016