Superhero child issue

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by Sammyg217, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Sammyg217

Sammyg217 Member

I have been trying to use the Superhero widget on a new site and it works great for my largest breakpoint. When you alter the browser width everything stays centred, however if you refresh the page or load the page from a smaller breakpoint the child element appears too low.

Anyone have any ideas why this may be happening? I've tried altering the child y-position and content etc but I'm still having issues.

2. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Sammy!
    1) Set the child panel responsive with width?
    2) Set the child panel to TOP CENTER and choose only after this Child Panel Position in the widget e.g. to Middle.

3. Sammyg217

Sammyg217 Member

Thanks Jeremei, I've given these a try and I'm still having problems. Any other ideas? I'm happy to send over screenshots or project files?

4. Jeremei

Sammy!
    1) Open a blank page for testing
    2) Drag the Superhero widget onto canvas
    3) Check that the graphic styles are right for hero and child panel
    4) Drag the child panel to TOP CENTER (y = 0) on top of the hero panel and keep the child panel selected (active)
    5) Check "Enable Child Panel" in the widget
    6) Select "Child Panel Position", e.g. Middle

Look at the screenshot.

Home.jpg

5. Sammyg217

Sammyg217 Member

Thanks, I've tried that and it's basically working (just moves slightly lower for the smaller screens which I can live with). However now if I change alignment and responsiveness of the elements below it (text boxes and images) it makes the child element move up and down again.

6. Jeremei

Sammy!
    Good that it is working. State button is a strong tool and I recommend to check its behaviour in each breakpoint. Good luck! :)

PS.
    You can try grouping of elements inside the state buttons?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017