Superhero - anchor at the bottom of image

Discussion in 'All Other Widgets' started by Alexander Schneider, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Hi,
    is it possible to tie the anchor to the bottom of hero image: http://c2n.me/3BjGLWe.png ? As far as I can see the anchor has absolute position and not connecting to image.
    Thanks.

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Alexander, I apologize, but I'm not sure what you are attempting to do.
    Could you elaborate or show an example?
    Thanks
    Dj

3. DjHerold

Alexander, you should be able to add a button that takes you to your anchor.
    The trick will be placing it.
    You'll probably need to make your child button really big (without a fill) or have your 'More" button placed (inside the state button) where ever you place the child button, because you can only have one Child button.
    Hope this makes sense.
    Dj

4. The problem is not in the placing button. The problem is in the placing anchor just in the bottom border of hero image. If you try to do it you will see it is impossible because anchor is being placed in the fixed distance from the top of the page.

5. DjHerold

Alexander, are you trying to have a full screen hero (using the widget) and then when you click your 'More' button, have the page scroll down to just under the Hero (so the Hero is no longer visible?
    If so, you should be able to just place the anchor at the edge of the hero and have it scroll to the area you want.
    Dj

6. Chipp Walters

Chipp Walters Well-Known Member

I, too, believe this is a feature which SH should be able to support. When you take over the full screen, some folks aren't going to know there's more content below. An arrow or "scroll down" message is quite helpful. Definitely should be a part of SH2.0

7. HAnk

HAnk New Member

Hi there,

I have the same problem and would like to know if there is a solution to this. If I see this right I can not use anchor links at all while using the superhero widget.

8. DjHerold

HAnk, I may not be understanding the issue correctly, so please bare with me.
    The original question was about placing an anchor under the Widget (since the widget fills the browser no matter what size) and a button that will let you scroll to that anchors location (below the Screen fill) upon click.
    I am able to do this with buttons inside the child state button, and am also able to place multiple buttons (like you'd set up a nav design for a long scrolling page) and have them all go to the appropriate anchors.
    If there is something that I am missing, please let me know and I will try to find an answer.
    Dj

9. Chipp Walters

Chipp Walters Well-Known Member