Submenus

Discussion in 'Pushy Panes' started by Tonya Harpenau, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Tonya Harpenau

Tonya Harpenau Member

Hello, I am struggling with this widget as far as adding submenus. I have made a vertical menu from the widget within Muse, and put it in the child portion. It works fine, EXCEPT I need to submenus from the top level. They are built into the Muse widget, but do not show up when I preview. Please help, I am getting very behind on this large project. If this does not work as I have built so far, please advise as to how to make it work. Thank you in advance.

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Tonya, I've never had much luck with the Muse stock menu (in dynamic mode) with the Pushy Pane widget. I'm not sure but I believe there's a conflict with Muse.
    I always have found the easiest and most functional way to have menus and sub menus in this widget is to use the composition widget inside the child pane. It may take a bit of tweaking the settings and positioning of the composition, but it works very nicely.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

3. razah

razah Active Member

In my opinion the feature of a accordion functionality within pushy panes is overdue. I would love to use the collapsing text box widget within the child panel. The pushy pane widget is the only widget that gives us the full design freedom we need.

4. DjHerold

razah, when you say "In my opinion the feature of a accordion functionality within pushy panes is overdue", are you referring to using an Accordion widget in the Child pane?
    In a real quick test (nothing but the PP widget and the stock accordion widget), the accordion worked fine.
    I have NOT tested with other things on the same page, so if this isn't working for you, let me know.
    Thanks
    Dj

5. razah

razah Active Member

I have the problem that the widget on the pushy panes creates duplicates of my link text and in many cases i am not able to scroll my Gallery Connect widget. This is so frustrating that i am wondering why I am using Muse anymore. It should make the things easier not complicated and unfixable. I wrote so many mails to your support team but we are still without an update. It not only creates a bad image at my clients but also on the customers of my clients. Maybe muse isn't the way to go anymore.

Cheers

6. Tonya Harpenau

Tonya Harpenau Member

I am ready to give up on this widget, as its the second one (Sidebar Connect was the first) that I have tried. When I put the composition trigger on top of the text I want to open the target (submenu) Both items are within the child, but the child acts as if it doesn't see the trigger. The trigger is on the page and works, independently of the pushy pane widget.

7. razah

razah Active Member

Me too. I just got to the point where I wrote the menu text with CSS Styling as HTML element, but the text is still duplicating. The text seems a little bit narrower then before but I can reproduce the bug when the window height is small. So maybe we have more than one copy with the normal text box and just one when I am writing the HTML code by myself.

FIX THIS PLEEEASE!

text-without-html.png without-gallery-connect-and-second-pane.png text-as-html.png text-as-html-no-scroll.png

8. DjHerold

Tonya, could you give me a screen shot(s) that shows me how you are setting up the Composition widget.
    As I stated, I am able to use it for the design you explained with no issues.

zazah, I can see you're getting duplicates, but I'm not seeing how you have things set up, so it's hard to help.
    You stated that you've talked with tech support? Could you share what what said in their response?
    The more information that is shared here will help find bugs and fixes faster.
    Dj

9. razah

razah Active Member

Hey Herold,

thanks for your reply. The support team told me that the bug could be a part of pushy panes itself or a bug referring to the combination of the widgets I am using.

My setup is as follows:

This is the website of my client: www.karstenthormaehlen.com

I am using a pushy pane widget as a menu coming from the right. This is setup on my master pages being the base for another master page where I put my header (link to home) and my footer (social media and copyright line). This is page with header, footer and menu goes to every page I design. This is working properly but as soon as another widget comes into play, every text box with an link goes crazy. It duplicates so the font looks bold instead of light. This happens every time I have more than one additional pushy pane (for example as a description for a series) OR on the page I added the expanding text box. It seems that it depends on the amount of widgets I am using.

Example for buggy pages:

http://www.karstenthormaehlen.com/monography.html
    http://karstenthormaehlen.com/beuys-and-girls.html

I am also having a huge bug that prevents the user from scrolling trough Gallery Connect. I assume that this is a problem of Pushy Panes as well. I have to reload the page to get my scrolling bars again OR change the browser width. The problem is the missing preview of the gallery widget within Adobe Muse. All of my Gallery Connect Widgets are set to 100% width but with a relatively small height parameter. This is because the widget has its own responsiveness, so it changes its height automatically. When I eyeball the height in Muse it can happen that I am getting a huge white area after the last photo. This is pretty frustrating as well...

Cheers.

10. razah

razah Active Member

Hello again,

I cant use the sidebar connect as alternative because it destroys the positioning of my header... Is there any possibility to get me with adobe muse to the website I want?

bug.png

11. razah

razah Active Member

So to make this a tripple post:

I found out when the text starts to duplicate. I think it has nothing to do with Gallery Connect. It is just a Pushy Pane thing. The problem are the breakpoints. I created for the menu and for my project descriptions additional versions of pushy pane to make the text readable again. Sure, I double checked the layers and everything is hidden correctly.

But this seems to be the point where the text duplicates. Now I made a test on a clean muse document. I found out, that it is not a problem of the second pushy pane. It is of general responsivness of the widget. As soon as I add a breakpoint and change the textbox width for example, the text duplicates and my other pushy pane where the menu is, stops working.

I will send a note and the document to the support team but maybe I got into the spam filter because of the amout of emails I sent to Darian. If this is not fixed in the next weeks, muse-themes seems not to be the solution for me anymore.......