Strange text format behavior with Gallery Connect and Pushy Panes

Discussion in 'Pushy Panes' started by razah, Nov 28, 2016.

1. razah

razah Active Member

Hey guys,

I already contacted the support because of this. This is my client: http://www.karstenthormaehlen.com/

I update his website with Muse on regular bases and still having some issues. This one is really bothering me a lot, because I dont know where it is coming from:

As you can see, I have a header element with a headline as a link on the left and a pushy pane menu on the right. It works perfectly as soon as I add a second pushy pane on to the canvas.
    When you go to projects clicking on a series over there like this one: http://karstenthormaehlen.com/silver-heroes.html I get the strange behavior that every text I formated to Roboto Condensed Light AND works as a link switches into Roboto Condensed Regular. You can see it very well in the pushy pane menu.
    This only happens when I have to seperate pushy pane elements. When I click on something like "Architecture" or a project where I dont have such a description on the left, the font just works fine.

Every webpage has the same master page with the same HTML-Code I added to change the font-weight of the description and title from the Gallery Connect widget.

Can somebody help me getting rid of this?
    Thank you very much!

Raphael

2. razah

razah Active Member

I am asking myself wether anybody on this forum or even on this planet is having the same issue as I have. Otherwise I can not explain this disinterest in this bug. It is obvious that pushy panes can not handle breakpoints in any way. This makes the widget unusable in my eyes, so why is nobody out there beside me complaining about this so this gets fixed.

Hello?
    Houston, we have a problem!!

3. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Raphael, this may be something others are not experiencing.
    Since everyone designs differently, there could be other things in your site that may cause an issue.
    You stated you placed a support ticket, and I see that the team can find no issue with the widget (even though Adobe will blame all third party vendors regardless).
    From your support ticket (and I see it's still open) I see you are using a lot of different widgets and other design elements (Html).
    My only suggestion would be to start a new blank test site, and keep it minimal, with only the offending element (PP widget) and see if it's still happening in it's simplest form. Make sure to keep the team informed.
    Sorry I don't have anything else to add.
    Dj

4. razah

razah Active Member

Hello Dj,
    thanks for your post. Don't get me wrong. I know I wrote a lot of emails to the support and surely I am not a well seen customer anymore. But I don't want to go on anybodys nerves. The problem is that this is the first time my "vision" or creativity is blocked by software. So my frustration is doubled. I am sorry that your team is the target of all of this. I just can not understand why the bug is not fixable although I am seeing it in so many occasions.
    The fact is, I already did a complete redesign of the website. New fresh document without html and so on. The bug is still happening. I told you, it is a problem of pushy panes and the breakpoints. As soon as the master or the content page gets a new breakpoint, the text duplicates. This is the reason I am wondering why nobody else get this problem!
    In this muse document I designed example pages where I am seeing the bug. The document is clean. I added pages with two, one pushy panes, with and without gallery connect, with and without social SVG icons. I am getting the bug everytime.

Does this help?
    Thank you for your time.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2016
  5. DjHerold

zazah, first, let me say that you are never looked at in a bad light for bringing up an issue. No matter if it's once or many times.
    We know that our members come to us, not only for our products, but also for our help. We will always try to assist.
    All that I would ask of you, is to understand that not every problem is an easy one. Nor is every issue with a widget a bug.
    I have removed your file from your post (remember that not all Muse Themes forum Members are subscribers, and as such we would like to keep files (with our widgets) from appearing in this forum, as opposed to files sent to support.
    I hope you understand.
    Now, having said that, I also will look at your file, but if the support team (much smarter than I for sure) hasn't found an issue yet, I'm not sure what I will find.
    Please stay in contact with the team and if anything is found, we will let you know.
    Thank you
    Dj

6. DjHerold

Razah, I'd like you to try something and let me know what difference it may make.
    I notivced that your 'Child' panels are much larger than the 'Parent' panels.
    I'd like you to try removing the Animator widgets from the Child panels and Make the Child panels smaller. You'll note that the settings in your widget are showing the first PP widget set to 250 px, either narrow that Child or change the setting to about 350 px.
    Let me know what that does. I noticed the way you have it there is a scroll bar (at the bottom) and a duplicate set of text when the panel opens. That is not correct.
    Also, if all else fails, I noticed on the file you sent to support, you are combining some code heavy widgets from other vendors.
    I'd look into that possibly causing a conflict also.
    Let me know
    Dj