Still issues with Media Pro Gallery.

Discussion in 'Media Pro Gallery' started by vglong4, May 11, 2016.

1. vglong4

vglong4 New Member

I have discovered a bug with this widget and did some testing to discover when the bug appears. My set up was 4 icons that represent photos, video, interactive, event. Those link to different collections. When I was all my content was inserted according to the tutorial I would get random white gaps in the layouts in both preview and online but I could hover and click on the emptyness and see a light room image and sometimes no image at all in lightroom.

I started over to see at what point the widget fails and it appears to give issues when I start the second collection.

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

vglong4, in order to try and help, could you provide the version of Muse you are using, the version of the widget, maybe some screen shots of your fly out panels settings (naming and graphic style layout). Anything can help.
    I know you are saying you've followed the tutorial as designed, but that doesn't give us enough to go on. Since we can't at this point see your file we are kinda shooting blind.
    Thanks in advance
    Dj

3. vglong4

vglong4 New Member

Muse version: 2015.1.2.44 - Widget: Media Pro Gallery 1.3

I have good news and bad news. I have spent most of the day redoing my portfolio page with the Media Pro Gallery widget. I have managed to get 10 collections without having any blank spots or any other issues.

Bad news...

When I duplicate my last collection and clean it out and name it and name the btn I start to get a gap and funky linking reactions. When I delete collection 11 I am back to normal and running fine.

From what I can tell there is a limit on the widget and I may have found it.

I went through renamed all files used to ensure I did not use duplicate file names. I also resized all the images for web use.

What I did ....

1. I started with 1st collection and filled with five images. Saved and previewed with no issues.

2. Copied that collection and renamed to collection number 2. Deleted images and inserted new images and saved. No issues.

this continues all the way to when I get to the 11th collection then it becomes buggy.

Sounds like I may need to get rid of some images and keep my portfolio to 10 collections. This seems to jive with other widgets having either a limit of 5 or 10 of something.

Let me know your thoughts and if you tried pushing this widget on your end.

Thank you.

4. vglong4

vglong4 New Member

I just did another test... I copied the last collection (10) and pasted it and removed all images in it, changed collection name, btn style and changed collection number to 11. also changed it to only one image and inserted one image. Did a preview and noticed my one image for this collection appears but an empty thumb also appears and when I click on that empty thumb the widget tries to take me to a particular collection. Similar to when you click one of your custom buttons. Looks like I will take out some images from my other collections so I can fit a few that represent my last custom button.

5. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

vglong, the bad news, you're not using the latest version (1.4). The not so bad news, I don't think your issue is something that is version specific.
    To answer your question, "if you tried pushing this widget on your end", no, I haven't had a need for a large number of collections.
    My experience has been that viewers get bored easy and too much at once wasn't getting the results I wanted.
    Now, that's not to say your viewers won't have a need to peruse lots of collections. It didn't fit my design. I tend to use multiple little things instead of one big thing. But that's just my design habits.
    Having said that, without creating a large multi collection set up, I can't speak to a cutoff point, but like you said, some of the widgets are like that.
    I will mention this at our next meeting and see if it's known or if it is, can it be corrected.
    Thanks for your patience.
    Dj

6. Mark Witbeck

Mark Witbeck Member

If I understand what you are saying about a ghost box showing up when you preview the page I have seen this same issue. However, what I have discovered to correct this is in the settings of your collections. For instance I have three different collections. One collection I have 9 images. In order to do that I can list only 5 at a time. I have to copy the settings part of the widget to get another 5 images. It is this second one I only loaded 4 images. I ended up with an empty box because the collection setting should have been 4 and not 5 images. When I had it listed with 5 and had no 5th image I would get an empty box which when clicked on would bring up the light box with nothing there. I dropped the collection setting to 4 and it fixed my problem. Another collection I have 22 Images. So I have 4 collection boxes with 5 images and the last one with only 2. As long as the collection setting is correct to the number of pictures the widget you should not get the ghost or empty box. I hope this helps anyone who has had this.

Janne likes this.