Solved Stacks only looks good in given breakpoints

Discussion in 'Stacks' started by Janne, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

Hi, I used Stacks, hoping that I could minimize manual adjustments in different breakpoints. This doesn´t seem to be the case. All given breakpoints look fine, but when I check my test-site on google resizer nearly all their breakpoints look awful - especially the logo in my menu bar and the space under my cinch slider (see screenshot).

What have I done wrong? Cause when I check your life view of Stacks in google resizer, everything looks perfect ...

The size of cinch slider also is a mystery to me. On small screens it never turns out to be of the same size as in my layout, so I don´t know where exactly to place my content ...

You can see my testsite here:
    http://behr-handelsagentur-2.businesscatalyst.com

Any advice is very much appreciated!
    Thx, Janne

Bildschirmfoto 2016-06-09 um 14.46.59.png

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Janne, may I ask, are you using the 'Stacks' base file when setting up your page?
    Dj

3. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

Yes, I have.

4. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Janne, I'm not sure what you mean when you say they "look awful"? I just did a quick look at your site on a few actual devices, and everything looked good with the exception of the space under the slideshow (but only in a very small screen size).
    I'll have to ask you to place a support ticket if you'd like the team to look at your file. With out it, it's tough to know what you may have done vs. the widget.
    Dj

5. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

I meant logo and hamburger icon in the menu bar which are cropped and yes, the space under the slider ...

I´ll follow your suggestion. Thank you!

6. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

Update: The cropped logo was because I used the option "Passend Skalieren" (fitting) instead of "Füllend Skalieren" (filling). So this I could solve myself.

As to the space under my slider in small screen sizes I got no answer from the support team although I asked them twice. :( I think this is quite an issue, as long as I sell my web design to a client who wants to receive a perfect working site ...

So if anyone knows how to eliminate the space under the cinch slider, I´d be thankful to listen.
    Janne

7. Janne

Janne Well-Known Member

Update: Hiding the cinch slider in bp 320 and setting it up again (hiding it in all other breakpoints) did the trick for me - the gap beneath the slider has vanished on my iPhone! ;)