Solved "Stacks-Navigation" feature!

Discussion in 'Stacks' started by Jeremei, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Jeremei

Jeremei Well-Known Member

Is it possible to get in near future more titles into "Stacks-Navigation" features, now there are only 3 titles in menus? Normally I need between 6 - 9 titles in menus depending on the websites.
    Or is it possible in somehow to add titles into "Stacks" menus by myself?

2. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

Hi @Jeremei

It's absolutely possible to add titles to Stacks menus yourself. Every Stack component is 100% customizable. So you can really have as many menu items as you like. Just copy and paste the existing options to add more. You can change the text to whatever you like and use the Hyperlinks dropdown to link the menu items wherever you need.

The reason we only do a few menu items is mainly aesthetic. With our templates, and now Stacks, the idea is not to build an absolute complete site, but to show what can be done and get people started.

Hopefully that helps!

3. Jeremei

Brandon, thank you so much. :)

4. Brandon

Brandon Widgetsman Staff Member Advisory Group

Absolutely!

5. Juanellodiaz

Juanellodiaz New Member

How do I access this configuration? In Muse I can see the navigation burger and I can even configure the look of it but I can not yet figure out how to configure the Menu that the burger is linked to, I know I am probably missing something obvious but please help.

Uma likes this.
  6. Jeremei

Juan!
    If you watch this Brian Wood training video so you understand how the hamburger menu icon can be linked with menu items. This is only one way to do it.

7. Uma

Uma New Member

I'm experiencing the same problem as #Juanellodiaz Could someone please try and explain it to me. It's the navigation menu of the "Good neighbor brewery" stack.

8. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Uma, could you give me a screen shot of what you are attempting to change?
    Thanks
    Dj

Uma likes this.
  9. Uma

Uma New Member

I can't seem to acces the composition. I can only see the trigger and the rotatioin animation widget on the side, but the content to which it belongs ( cross/close button) is not accessible.

Attached Files:

10. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Uma, you'll need to double click in the trigger area, and in the fly out panel choose 'show light box parts while editing'.
    This will open the light box (target) and let you edit the contents.
    See attached
    Dj

Capture.JPG

Uma likes this.
  11. Uma

Uma New Member

OMG, how silly of me! I thought I checked that option already, that's why I was wondering what else I could have done.
    Thank you so much for pointing this out.
    What I'm wondering now is how this menu is made full width and height/responsive, because when I create my own menu with the composition widget it remains a square box. I've been comparing the stack with my design but can't find any differences, but I'm probably overlooking something again.....
    (5 mins later)
    Never mind! I've figured it out. I had the "Stacked" option selected for Position (at the top of the widget menu). It's supposed to be "lightbox" for it to display the menu in fullscreen.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016