Spacing Under SHOW Widget

Discussion in 'SHOW Responsive Video Suite' started by Redpoint, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Redpoint

Redpoint New Member

What am I doing wrong?

As the page scales to fit different devices or browser widths I'm left with a monstrous space below the SHOW widget. Looks fine at each breakpoint (as designed), but then the gap/space appears as one scales between breakpoints.

In the attached picture, the design breakpoint is 480 px and the screen grab is from a simulator (6S +) at 414 px - note the huge space between the bottom of the SHOW widget and the footer.

Attached Files:

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Redpoint, Could you check and make sure your minimum page width is somewhere around 320 (for the whole site).
    Sometimes a site can have a min page size that won't let the design shrink enough for the device calling it up.
    Also, be sure you aren't looking at the white space, only when changing page size, without refreshing the browser.
    Dj

Redpoint likes this.
  3. Redpoint

Redpoint New Member

I have 4 breakpoints 1024, 768, 480, and 320.

I've just been playing around with minimum page height. When scaling objects or widgets (i.e. between breakpoints), I was getting a lot of 'dead space' at the bottom of the page. I reduced the minimum page height to some arbitrary small number (i.e. smaller than the actual required page height) and the 'dead space' has disappeared. This leads me to my question. Should the minimum page height be less than or equal to smallest possible page size within each breakpoint (i.e. page size just before moving to a smaller breakpoint)? Hopefully that makes sense?

4. DjHerold

Redpoint, more and more designers are setting the smallest page size to around 320.
    I don't think it's necessary to adjust each BP separately. But, if you find that makes Muse consistent, then I don't think it would hurt (although I haven't designed like that).
    Dj

5. Redpoint

Redpoint New Member

I'm not following you. Are you saying that people are only setting two breakpoints e.g. 1024 and 320? I was referring to minimum page height (adjusting that seemed to get rid of any extra space below the SHOW widget).

6. DjHerold

Redpoint, I am very sorry, I had too many similar issues I was troubleshooting at the same time. (I have another post dealing with min page Width .)
    You are on the right track, I did mean set a min page Height, sorry for the confusion.
    Your previous post was correct. The only thing I would add, is that each breakpoint should be tested and checked as if it's an independent page. You'll find most of the time you won't need to adjust the page height, but if you find (like in your case, the white space), making BP adjustments is necessary.
    Again, I apologize for answering with the wrong information.
    Dj

Redpoint likes this.
  7. Redpoint

Redpoint New Member

Thank you DJ - no need to apologize!