Sorted photos

Discussion in 'Media Pro Gallery' started by Claudia, Dec 6, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claudia

Claudia Member

Hi there, I have to sort the photos in a galery strictly in the order my client want theme to be shown, but I didn't find a way to do this. It always starts with f.e. photo 11, than jump to photo 13 and so on. It has to start with photo 01, than 02 ... Is there a way to sort the photos the way I want them to appear?
    I tried it with all layouts ... nothing changed ...
    I hope, you can help me. Thanks a lot!

2. DjHerold

DjHerold Moderator Staff Member Advisory Group

Claudia, Have you tried our Gallery Connect widget?
    It should be able to do this because you tell the widget which image or video goes where ie: 01, 02 ,03 ect.
    It has a bunch of gallery variations (unfortunately, none with sorted categories, like Media Pro) but if you need a MP style, you might want to look at one of our older galleries like, Light Combo.
    It's made using the Composition widget and I think you can manually set up the images, but it's much more work than the Gallery Connect widget.
    Dj

Claudia likes this.
  3. Claudia

Claudia Member

Thanks a lot for your very quick answer :) I used Gallery Connect but there's always an javascript error (Firefox) and my client is "not very happy" with this error appearing (even his clients told him about that problem) and most times the thumbnails are not shown and only a gray area appears (Safari) ... That's why I changed all photos to Media Pro Gallery ... Now the gallerys are with Gallery Connect: http://www.hundeschule-karlstedt.de/seminare.html
    Under http://www.hundeschule-karlstedt.de/impressionen.html there are too much gallerys (13) so I wanted to built more pages with only 1 or 2 gallerys on it and an overview page with links to that gallery sites (like: http://dog-event.businesscatalyst.com/impressionen.html ).The biggest problem with Gallery Connect is this javascript error - sometimes even in your demo ... but only sometimes ... I don't know why ...

4. Claudia

Claudia Member

That's an picture of the javascript error, when I open your demo of Gallery Connect ...

Attached Files:

5. DjHerold

Claudia, unfortunately, I'm not getting any error, with the demo or a test gallery.
    Have you gotten a response from the support team yet? I am assuming they have asked you for your files to see if it's something with the design, or a specific widget component.
    Dj

6. Claudia

Claudia Member

Dj, thanks a lot for your answer and tryings. I told the support but I have no answer up to now.
    But my client likes the MediaProGallery so much, that he will try to live with the non-sorted-photos ;)
    I hope some day there will be a MediaProGallery Version where I can sort the pictures :)

7. DjHerold

Claudia, I tried something as a test that I'd like you to give a shot. I haven't had a situation where the order, such as yours, required me to do this. I thought I'd look at something I've run across in some of the stock Muse widgets, primarily the order you load the images.
    In my testing of about 15 images, I found that if I want the images to load in sequence (ie: 1,2,3,4,ect), I could achieve this by loading them in sequence. The only constraint is the images will be loaded left to right (which actually is normal).
    This also allowed the images, to be shown by category, in order.
    On a side note, we have had a number of requests for a gallery widget, like MPG2, that uses a spreadsheet, like our Connect series widgets.
    The team is looking into this as a possible new widget.
    Hope this helps
    Dj

8. Claudia

Claudia Member

Dear Dj,
    I loaded them from 01, 02, 03 and so on - strickly the sorted way my custom wanted them but it didn't work. They were shown 13, 11, 08, ... At the moment my client ignores it and is happy with the look ;) But we really hope you will solve this with a great, new gallery widget - I'm sure you will :)
    Greetings from Cologne without snow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.